Commercial Director, Glucose Syrups - Decatur, IL
This is a full time, exempt position
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead liquid glucose product management across North America, including contract and price administration.
- Understand commodity markets, especially Corn including basic understanding of Chicago Board of Trade, basis, flat pricing and co-products.
- Work with R&D, marketing and ADM sales teams and customers to identify our customer#39;s strategies, challenges and needs.
- Active use and implementation of CRM Tool (Salesforce.com)
- Monitor and implement risk management procedures to ensure risk management guidelines are followed
- Collaborate with cross-functional project teams which may include Business Unit Managers, Corporate Communications, General Managers, Marketing, Sales, R&D/Technical and other key stakeholders to drive results
- Collaborate within business unit functions on product line development of new ingredients
- Works closely with other global Carbohydrate groups and business partners to ensure coordination of customers and import / export opportunities
- Participate in intermodal logistics coordination to ensure customers#39; expectations are met for exported and imported products.
- Oversees back office coordination within group, including month end reconciliations, customer service, FP&A reporting, and legal agreements.
- Provide effective updates on activities using a variety of communication vehicles such as reports, PowerPoint presentations, etc.
- Key member of the Carbohydrate team. Provides thought leadership to drive strategy. Supports the development of the overall strategic plan for sweeteners.
- Work between production and sales groups to coordinate efforts of plant with sales team.
- Represent sweeteners unit in discussions for over the fence opportunities in relation to supply of carbohydrates and pricing
- Exhibit good communication skills and ability with others and work well within teams
Every position in ADM requires commitment to integrity, safety, diversity, quality and the following:
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills
- Comfortable working in matrix and entrepreneurial environments
- Professional demeanor with exceptional communication (written, verbal and presentation skills) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence cross functional teams and to collaborate across many different disciplines
- Commercial experience with a business focused mindset
- Entrepreneurial with ability to work in a matrix environment
- Ability to travel 25% - 30%
Relocation is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
ADM is an EOE for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities