Company Name: Clackamas Bakery
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
What We Offer
- Starting wage of $17.70 per hour
- Consistent 8- or 10- hour shifts
- Night shift premiums and classification differentials
- One week of paid vacation after the first year, two weeks after two years. (Increases to three weeks after five years)
- 6 paid Holidays with 4 floating holidays per year after 6-month continuous employment in the first year.
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, pension plan, paid sick leave, and other voluntary benefits.
- Weekly paydays
- Company stock purchase option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Lots of opportunities to grow and obtain new skills
- Employee discounts at all Fred Meyer and QFC Stores
- Many other perks
- This is Local 114 BCTGM union shop
Responsible for the cleanliness of the facility, machinery, plant exterior and general asset maintenance tasks. Perform all jobs safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality, Reliability (SQR) and our Customer 1st strategy. Provide leadership that embodies our 7 Kroger Manufacturing High Performance Work System principles. Demonstrate the companys core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Participate in and actively support all plant initiatives.
- Organize and define tasks with minimal supervision.
- Participate in inspections and zone audits.
- Operate all Clean In Place (CIP) and Clean Out of Place (COP) systems as necessary.
- Operate material handling and lift equipment.
- Clean all equipment in a proper and timely manner to ensure safe, quality products.
- Clean machinery, facility structures (racking, windows, walls) and exterior of plant.
- Perform all aspects of manual cleaning of production equipment.
- Perform specific asset maintenance tasks with respect to inspecting and lubricating equipment.
- Proficiently tear down and reassemble equipment.
- Ensure all chemicals, buckets and pumps are properly tagged per safety requirements.
- Check and record chemical concentrations.
- Complete routine paperwork and data entry as required in sanitation and maintenance systems.
- Record information on master sanitation documentation sheets.
- Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements.
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF 2000 Systems.
- Accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Strong attention to detail, with high degree of accuracy and precision
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines with limited supervision
- Basic computer knowledge and skills
- Flexible to work any shift as needed
- Ability to work from heights
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- 2+ years of manufacturing experience