Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
We are currently recruiting for a General Mechanic ‘C’ position.
SCHEDULE: NO (6:45pm – 7:15am 4 days per week and every other weekend.)
The General Mechanic ‘C’ position, which reports to the Maintenance Leader, provides technical support to Plant Operations. Qualifications for the position include:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalency with a vocational or technical focus (Training in Industrial Technology or a related field preferred).
- Prior industrial maintenance experience, preferably in a food manufacturing environment.
- Outstanding mechanical aptitude. Ability to troubleshoot and repair computer-integrated, high-speed food processing/packaging equipment.
- This position will require flexibility to work all shifts and complete coursework.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commitment to complete Denver’s Mechanic Developmental Program, consisting of extensive on-the-job training and classroom instruction. (Previous participation in other apprenticeship programs or successful completion of maintenance-related courses may apply towards satisfying this requirement.)
To be considered for the program, candidates must achieve satisfactory scores in four areas of Work Keys testing, an industry-based skill assessment tool (Applied Math – 4; Applied Technology – 4; Graphic Literacy – 5; Workplace Documents – 4).
Final candidate selection will be based on Work Keys testing scores, the absence of a current documented attendance phase, the ability to perform the job, previous work experience and employment record, educational background (i.e., successful completion of related courses/training programs), and other bona fide occupational qualifications. Equal opportunity is provided to all candidates on the basis of individual qualifications without regard to race; color; religion; sex; age; national origin; citizenship; sexual orientation; disability; status as a disabled, Vietnam Era, or other eligible veteran; or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.