· Interfaces well with coworkers at all levels and departments and maintains a positive attitude.
· Program and set up large and small parts on TOS Varnsdorf WHQ-13, Doosan NHP 8000 High speed dual pallet Horizontal CNC mills (primary), and many other various machine tools.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must have working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD & T). Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
· Ability to calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut, or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media. Interface with machines in G-code using Fanuc, Okuma or Hass controls. Familiar with Solidworks, HSM and Geopath software.
· Must be a team player, work well with others, leadership experience a plus.
· Works with little or no supervision and is able to make decisions that follow company goals and guidelines.
· Is completely dependable (dependability is crucial).
· Safety is a must and employee shall follow all company mandated rules and regulations.
· Employee sets a good working example for team members and all employees to follow.
· May be asked to instruct, train and monitor progress of CNC Machinist Level 1.
· Employee has excellent communication skills and work ethics.
· Works overtime and weekends as required.
· Employee has all common measuring tools needed for the profession.
· Handles daily problems with positive solutions.
· Generates clear and effective company reporting (i.e., discrepancy, test, trip, expense, utilization, cost and etc.). As needed
· Employee puts out advanced quality and quantity work which exceeds non-journeyman machinists.
· Studies blue prints and drawing to determine method and sequence of operations needed to manufacture parts.
· Selects the appropriate tools, machines, and materials to be used in preparation of machining
· Design tooling and makes fixtures to correctly hold parts.
· Set up and adjust machine for operation, monitor speeds and feeds during machining process. This process requires full manual dexterity and the ability to work in awkward positions.
· Perform self inspections of parts to ensure they meet print specifications.
· Fill out job Traveler, Time Sheets, Inspection Documents and any other paperwork associated with part.
· Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
· Must be able to lift 50 lbs. such as a tooling vice and other tools
· Perform other duties as assigned