A thorough understanding of Warehousing operations is required with a minimum of three years of experience in warehouse management. Experience with inventory management systems and customer service performance metrics are required. Thorough knowledge of warehousing, receiving, shipping, and related HACCP requirements are required. Lean Manufacturing training along with Total Predictable Maintenance is preferred. Experience working in a larger facility with many employees is preferred. Experience in cross functional management team or matrix environment is preferred. Experience in freight and truck scheduling, traffic lanes, and load planning and management is preferred.
· Serve as the leader for all consumer goods warehouse operations across the facility including raw materials, packaging materials, and finished goods.
· The manufacturing and warehousing operations are closely tied to one another; therefore this position will have JOINT responsibility with the existing Business Unit Managers for results.
· The Warehousing Manager will focus on warehouse related budgets, labor planning, staffing levels, asset allocations and daily work schedules.
· These functions will be discussed and reviewed with the existing unit leaders to assure continuity between production and warehouse operations.
· Demonstrate ability to consistently deliver products and services to meet customer needs. Consistently search for methods to develop an agile and committed department workforce. Submit weekly reports on results to the Senior Leadership Team and the affected Units.
· Utilize and enhance current inventory management system to ensure customer service levels above 95% and downtime tracking log; propose/implement best practices in warehouse management to lower costs and improve service; effectively lead warehouse teams with clear goals and necessary accountability including inventory accuracy and scan metrics; Teach and Mentor people.