• BS Degree in Engineering
• 5+ years’ experience leading equipment/process improvement projects from inception to completion
• Experience with the maintenance, repair, specification and qualification of plastics equipment and tooling.
• Thorough knowledge of the use of advanced manufacturing techniques
• World Class Manufacturing tools/methods specifically Professional Maintenance, Autonomous Maintenance, and Focused Improvement.
• PMP certification
• Six Sigma Training/Certification
• Responsible for ensuring the uninterrupted operation of assigned extrusion and thermoforming equipment/tooling while achieving the highest level of quality while driving waste elimination through the use of advanced World Class Manufacturing (WCM) tools and methodologies.
• Develop and maintain equipment documentation including, but not limited to: Tool and operation sheets, machine drawings, tool drawings, PFMEA#39;s (process failure model effects analysis), control plans, OPL#39;s (one-point lessons), software back-up programs, etc.
• Lead continuous improvement projects partnering with equipment operators, skilled trades and quality teams to improve quality, reduce mean time to repair (MTTR), improve mean time between failures (MTBF) and reduce the cost to run and maintain the equipment.
• Provide hands-on troubleshooting support for the equipment operators, maintenance and tooling technicians to minimize production interruptions resulting from downtime.
• Track and monitor equipment/process performance metrics to identify improvement opportunities