- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering or similar technical function
- 8-10 years of direct Supply Chain experience
- 5+ years working on the Manufacturing side of the business
- 5+ years direct leadership in a supply chain function
- ERP software experience. Detailed understanding of system structure and transactions is required.
- APICS-CSPC or CPIM Certification
Responsible for all aspects of materials planning, purchasing, material cost, scheduling, and accuracy to ensure that customer orders are fulfilled on time. Developing, selecting, and maintaining vendor and supplier relationships as well as the formulation and execution of strategic purchasing and planning initiatives to support the company’s forward direction. Indirect responsibility for establishing industry best warehousing and distribution practices to support perfect execution on meeting customer expectations. Develop and make recommendations to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations. Provide management to a team of individuals engaged in the planning functions, purchasing functions, and account management functions.
- Oversee the Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) function to guarantee maximum utilization of manufacturing assets and meeting all customer sales and service expectations.
- Be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) in all areas of Supply Chain, including forecasting, planning, sourcing, buying, warehousing and distribution.
- Directly manage and supervise the Purchasing & Planning functions and personnel as well have dotted line management responsibility for the Logistics functions and personnel. Provide development and performance feedback and coaching.
- Establish and implement methods and best practices related to the systems and process that support inventory forecasting, purchasing, planning, and material control.
- Work with Account Managers in order to understand forecasting, system demand loading, and corrections associated with anticipated changes in customer demand and to insure the business system is up to date and current with latest expected demand profiles.
- Work with manufacturing to ensure available capacity is effectively deployed to meet the demand forecast while maximizing production efficiencies and delivering on time delivery targets and inventory levels
- Coordinate cross functional resolution of day to day issues related to supply and demand discrepancies, ensures effective "lesson learned" documentation
- Identify and communicate inventory and service risks related to forecast changes or unplanned production downtime
- Collaborate with Sales and R&D in planning for new items. Ensure the Quality Function Deployment (QFD) process is followed for all new programs.
- Interact frequently with Senior Team and Business Development Managers, report as required on critical management of top-level procurement and planning related KPI’s.
- Work with Quality to establish and implement, a system to evaluate, monitor and report supplier scorecard performance.
- Adhere to established company policies, procedures, terms and conditions and legal matters that affect purchasing policies. Identify, develop and manage effective relationships with existing and potential suppliers of goods and services to meet the established cost, quality and delivery targets.