- Bachelor’s in Microbiology/Biology/Food Science
- Supply Quality Assurance programs
- Quality Auditor Certification
- 5+ years of food safety/quality/regulatory experience
- USDA and/or FDA plant manufacturing background
- Microbiology, Food Safety (HACCP and GMPs), Quality Assurance
- Ability to provide leadership and motivation to engage employees in the business
- Lean manufacturing and strong troubleshooting and process improvement skills
· Oversee Food Safety and Quality Management Systems.
· Plan, coordinate, and direct all quality, sanitation, regulatory and food safety programs within the establishment to ensure compliance with company, governmental and customer requirements and expectations.
· Customer interface with the plant to review product performance, respond to questions and complaints, and work with operations to ensure customer expectations are met.
· Reviews and verifies results and communicates with Corporate.
· Interface with Corporate and with other Managers across the platform
· Facilitates quality improvement variation reduction and root cause determination.
· Monitor FSIS regulatory activities and plant compliance with regulatory standards. Act as liaison between USDA and plant operations.