- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Operations or Business Management
- 10+ years of experience in operations, maintenance, engineering and/or process Improvement roles including managing teams of people
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification a plus
- Experience working in a strong Union environment
- Proven record of successes in a high-speed manufacturing environment.
- Experience implementing and/or managing Toyota Production Systems
Responsible day to day operations of the entire manufacturing facility to include safety, quality, efficiencies and meeting customer expectations. This includes driving strategic plans that ensure that production goals are met in the most cost-effective manner delivering expected financial results.
- Ensures that the facility provides the highest quality products produced most efficiently within budgeted costs. Implement systems to effectively manage production schedules properly supporting the business.
- Leads the effort and drives Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques fostering continuous improvement within the facility. Acts in a proactive fashion regarding problem resolution.
- Manages profit and loss for the facility and drives Plant performance and reviews KPIs regularly
- Leads the overall strategic planning efforts for the location which include cost reduction initiatives, capital planning, and resources as well as in other areas.
- Manages the overall safety, quality, scheduling, production, shipping, maintenance and other administrative functions for the facility.
- Leads the effort in maintaining a safe, clean and efficient operation working within all company guidelines and local/state/federal regulations.
- Strives to improve the plant’s safety accident record year over year in creating a positive safety culture for all employees. Conducts safety walks of the facility weekly.
- Conducts talent reviews. Trains develop and motivate staff to optimize the workforce. Delivers performance reviews and any feedback to the team as needed.
- Conducts weekly staff meetings that focus on key operative measurements.
- Schedules and conducts plant communication meetings for all employees.
- Interfaces with customers and suppliers. Visits both as necessary.
- Works as necessary to establish positive community relationships.