- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Food Processing related area or equivalent combination of education and/or experience strongly preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in industrial plant maintenance, including experience with meat processing equipment, RTE experience preferred
- 5 years of maintenance or operations management experience
- Must possess knowledge of food processing equipment including Mechanical, Electrical, Pneumatic, and Hydraulic.
- Strong knowledge/experience managing maintenance through CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management system)
- Strong background in HAACP; Lockout/ Tag-out, GMP, Safety, and Sanitation training
- Knowledge of PLC programming systems/processes
Provides leadership and direction to plant maintenance department. Responsible for the repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment in manufacturing operations. Responsible to eliminate all causes of failure and ensure full useful life in coordination with daily maintenance completed by operating personnel. Schedules repair, maintenance, and installation to ensure continuous production operations. Creates and manages the maintenance and storeroom budgets. Inspects operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards. Reviews production, quality control, and maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify maintenance activities.
- Responsible for plant maintenance including facilities, utilities, and operations to reduce downtime and assure peak plant efficiencies.
- Direct capital engineering design and projects to completion and work with appropriate vendors. This position will also have direct responsibility for the Maintenance team and their performance.
- Promote safety throughout the entire maintenance organization.
- Responsible for all maintenance department metrics.
- Prepare and operate within the established maintenance operating budget and monitor departmental expenditures.
- Assists with planning and cost estimates for annual and longer-term capital budgets.
- Responsible for executing the capital plan to include all engineering design and project management, working with both internal and external resources.
- Be acquainted with local/state/federal environmental regulations and ensure compliance with all operational permits.
- Directs all aspects of building operations including maintenance, repairs, and renovations.
- Establish criteria for assessing the quality of work performed by employees and contractors.
- Supervise the completion of work through a review of reports, frequent site inspections and conferences with operations and vendors regarding electrical & plumbing equipment, HVAC systems, electric motors, ventilating fans, air conditioning, and electrical control units.
- Investigate the condition of buildings, equipment, and grounds, and recommends improvements in the facilities to ensure that needs are met.