- BS in Human Resources Management or related field
- 5+ years of experience in an HR leadership in a fast paced manufacturing or distribtion environment
- Strong employee engagement background
- Solid experience in metrics and general knowledge of principles or practices of HR Management
Responsibility for the overall management of the HR department within the facility. The HR Manager will support business needs and ensure the proper implementation of company strategy and objectives; maintain and enhance the organization's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
Promote corporate values and enable business success through job design, recruitment, performance management, training & development, employment cycle changes, talent management, and facilities management services.
- Support and communicate management practices and provides training and coaching to the management team regarding human resource related practices.
- Oversee the implementation of Human Resources programs and identify opportunities for improvement and resolve problems.
- Manage recruitment and staffing that meets the current and long-term needs of the organization in a manner consistent within legal guidelines and within the Affirmative Action Plan
- Manage the preparation and maintenance of such reports as are necessary to carry out the functions of the department. Prepare periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment.
- Determine and recommend employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation. Conduct periodic surveys to measure employee satisfaction and employee engagement.
- Coach and train managers in their communication, feedback, recognition, and interaction responsibilities with the employees who report to them.
- Conduct investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
- Monitor and advise managers and supervisors in the progressive discipline system of the company. Monitor the implementation of a performance improvement process with non-performing employees.
- Provide guidance to the Plant Manager regarding human resources matters. Supervise and perform a variety of administrative activities to include compiling and filing of associated reports such as EEO logs and other human resources related questions and reports as necessary.
- Oversee general employment practices including the interviewing process, participating in disciplinary actions and termination in accordance with corporate guidelines and applicable State and Federal laws.
- Develop leadership by identifying training needs and securing appropriate training resources.
- Coordinate and develop management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, leave management, and sexual harassment.