Education and Experience:
- BS degree in Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, Engineering or other science-related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in an EHS role in a manufacturing environment.
- 5+ years#39; experience with OSHA, EPA, PSM/RMP programs
Responsible to manage the daily site operations ensuring the highest quality of safety and service is provided in compliance with federal, state and local regulatory requirements and established departmental policies and procedures. S/he monitors compliance with EHS regulations; oversees responses to EHS compliance audits; works on the design/implementation of EHS systems; supports company policies adhering to local, state, and federal environmental, health, and safety (EHS) regulations; and manages compliance projects to remediate known areas of concern
- Development of an EHS strategy in line with corporate guidelines, plans and strategy, to ensure the realization of objectives of the plant
- Change agent for EHS culture and continuous improvement and a role model for ensuring compliance with EHS policies and procedures.
- Accountable for site compliance with OSHA PSM and EPA RMP regulations as well as be responsible, design and manage a balanced and coherent health, safety, and environment improvement program and ensure its effective implementation.
- Leveraging your educational background in Engineering, Science, or a Business-related field, combined with your professional experience, you will monitor key performance indicators and make necessary adjustments to resources and programs to improve performance in EHS
- Liaison for external and internal audits, inspections and agencies is critical. Ensure that federal, state, and local safety laws, regulations, codes, and rules are observed and adhered to including recordkeeping and reporting requirements
- Review accident reports to identify patterns of injury and to determine whether unsafe conditions contributed to the accident; advise departments of trends in injuries and proper safety procedures that may result in reduction of injuries; provide departments with information that will aid in reducing accidents and improve safety.
- Participate in emergency response plans and activities for the site and emergency response teams