Education and Experience:
- BS degree in Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, Engineering or other science-related field.
- 5+ years’ experience working in a CPG manufacturing environment.
- 3+ years’ experience in an EHS role in a manufacturing environment.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP).
- Good working knowledge of EPA, OSHA, & NFPA.
The Environmental Health and Safety Manager is the content expert to lead and develop the safety and environmental culture
The EHS Manager is responsible to manage the daily site operations ensuring the highest quality of safety and service is provided in compliance with federal, state and local regulatory requirements and established departmental policies and procedures. S/he monitors compliance with EHS regulations; oversees responses to EHS compliance audits; works on the design/implementation of EHS systems; supports company policies adhering to local, state, and federal environmental, health, and safety (EHS) regulations; and manages compliance projects to remediate known areas of concern
• Ensure the facility operates in compliance with all applicable Federal, State and Local requirements.
• Champion initiatives that identify facility risk, prioritize risk reduction measures, and drive closure of recommendations to reduce the identified risks.
• Investigate work-related injuries and illnesses, perform root cause analyses, and closure of corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence.
• Establish and maintain the training and emergency preparedness processes for associates in the facilities
• Develop effective safety educational programs and conduct training as needed to ensure compliance with all applicable OSHA standards.
• Coordinate and lead the joint management safety committee.
• Input monthly EHS performance metrics.
• Serve as the primary plant interface with OSHA on all compliance and enforcement actions.
• Establish and drive continuous improvement in the facilities environmental monitoring and recordkeeping data management systems to ensure compliance with all policies and federal, state, and local regulatory requirements with a strong emphasis on air, water and waste requirements.
• Develop & implement systems & processes to reduce hazardous waste generation & increase recycling & conservation practices.
• Ensure all industrial process wastewaters are properly managed.
• Champion initiatives that identify facility risk, prioritize risk reduction measures, and drive closure of recommendations.
• Proactively disseminate information regarding new regulations or EHS events of a general nature of incidents that may occur at the plant.
• Evaluate and determine appropriate permitting and abatement strategies for projects at the plants.
• Represent the company with local, state, and federal agencies as required and interface with the general public on environmental issues and promote the company’s environmental initiatives at public hearings and meetings.
• Represent the plants in EHS audit reviews conducted by third parties; communicates trends in audit findings, corrective actions, & observed best practices.