Under the direction of the Regional Controller, this position is an integral part of the plant management team in support of the strategic and operating plans of the company. The position is responsible for a variety of financial, accounting and reporting functions including, but not limited to general ledger, accounts payable, sales tax compliance, SOX compliance, establishing and maintaining standard costs, ensuring the integrity of inventory movements, preparation and reporting of KPI’s, capital spending, fixed assets, budgeting, analysis and preserving the integrity of internal controls.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage the Accounting Department in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and company policies and procedures. Maintain the general ledger by preparing journal entries, verifying posted transactions, directing and assisting in the validation of inventory movements in SAP, and reconciling balance sheet accounts.
• Organize and lead all budgeting activities, both operating and capital, for the facility. This includes preparation and related analysis.
• Complete timely and accurate reporting of all operating and financial results for the facility. Prepare and communicate weekly and monthly variance analysis. Monitor trends and identify and communicate financial opportunities and hazards.
• Prepare product costing estimates for new and existing products. Maintain material master, standard cost, and bill of materials for products produced in the facility.
• Assists in asset management including Capital Project Request preparation and related analysis, placing assets in service, fixed asset schedule review and verification.
• Direct staff and be actively involved with Finance teams and Plant management initiatives.
• Manage specialized and/or complex costing project work.
• Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• College degree in Accounting or Finance.
• 7-10 years of accounting/finance experience required.
• 2-3 years of supervisory experience required.
• Experience in manufacturing/production enterprises preferred.
• Ability to work independently with limited direction.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with others.
• Demonstrated aptitude for effectively supervising and directing the work of others.
• Demonstrated aptitude for the utilization of computer technologies. Experience with SAP a plus.
• Highly developed analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills.