Cloud Packaging Equipment is the premier developer and manufacturer of High Speed Horizontal Pouching, Stand Up Pouch, Water Soluble, Thermoforming, and Filter Pack packaging machinery. Cloud Packaging Equipment has been the provider of custom packaging equipment for the top twenty multi-national food companies for more than 85 years. Our engineers are experts at designing customized systems and developing technologies that gives us significant competitive advantage in the area of packaging solutions. From our Servo Original, still the fastest pouching machine commercially available, to our revolutionary Hydroforma soluble pod line, and our complete line of Roberts HFFS mainstream stand up pouch machines, Cloud continues to set industry standards and break records.
We are one of the fastest growing food companies in the US; part of the new wave of American manufacturers and we are looking for people with the right stuff.
The successful candidate for the CLOUD FIELD SERVICE TECH I position will have the overall responsibility for conducting high speed packaging machine assembly, assisting with machine rebuilds, subassembly, and other tasks as assigned.
AUTHORITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY
The CLOUD FIELD SERVICE TECH I has the accountability for performing mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical assembly of high speed packaging and production machines, regardless of product line. This position has no supervisory authority.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary duties and responsibilities of the CLOUD FIELD SERVICE TECH I consist of but are not limited to:
- Assembly of new machines, rebuilding old machines, and/or modifications to either, as well as subassembly with minimal assistance.
- Read and interpret blueprints, assembly drawings, part lists to perform required service.
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies.
- Utilize subassemblies, tools, and materials to accomplish machine assembly
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Positions parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements.
- Reports assembly problems, notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources, and engineering (when appropriate) to correct drawings.
- Develop good working relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Recommends process improvements for equipment layout and assembly processes
- Maintain current professional and technical knowledge.
- Contribute to team effort by maintaining regular attendance, communicating regularly and professionally, accomplishing related results and performing all other necessary duties as directed by manager(s).
Candidate must have:
- Knowledgeable and experienced with manufacturing processes, preferably related to the assembly of packaging equipment: scales, baggers (linear & horizontal), cartoners and case-packer.
- Mechanical knowledge of troubleshooting, pneumatics and repairs.
- Basic experience and knowledge with Microsoft Office programs.
- Have working knowledge of basic power tools.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Successful completion of two (2) years of collegiate-level technical or vocational training in a discipline that enables performance in all aspects of the position, plus two (2) years of equipment maintenance work experience (maintenance of packaging equipment in a manufacturing environment strongly preferred),
- 3+ years of related mechanical assembly and a high school diploma or GED.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE
The CLOUD FIELD SERVICE TECH I shall be considered to be performing in an acceptable manner when the following have occurred:
- Satisfactory performance of all essential job duties
- Employee maintains a positive attitude and productive relationship with co-workers
- Employee works as a team member and helps out where ever needed
- Employee is willing to work overtime when asked
- Employee is able to build any product line subassembly to completion with minimal assistance.
- Employee follows all safety precautions and regulations
Our number one priority is keeping our employees and visitors safe. Therefore all employees are required to:
- Follow all current and future safety policies, at all times
- Participate in all safety training and pass written exams
- Wear safety glasses, hair net, ear protection and smock at all times while in the production/warehouse area of the plant; safety glasses only are required in the manufacturing area
- Report all accident/incidents immediately to the proper person
- Provide post-accident drug screen
In terms of an 8 hour workday, "Occasionally" equals 1% to 33%; "Frequently" equals 34% to 66%, and "Continuously" equals 67% to 100% of the time. In an 8 hour workday the job holder should be able to:
- Continuously stand and walk
- Occasionally bend/stoop, squat, twist, push/pull, kneel and crouch
- Occasionally climb to a height of approximately 10ft.
- Occasionally reach above shoulder level
- Frequently carry/lift up to fifty (50) pounds
- Frequently use hands for the repetitive actions of simple and firm grasping and fine manipulation
- Frequently use his/her head and neck in flexing and rotating
- Continuously be around moving machinery
- Frequently be in dusty conditions and exposed to cleaning solvents, lubricants and chemicals