Who are we?
Michigan Milk Producers Association (MMPA), established in 1916, is a member owned and operated dairy cooperative. MMPA serves approximately 1,600 dairy farmer members in Michigan, Indiana, Wisconsin and Ohio. The dairy cooperative, the 10th largest in the U.S., employs approximately 320 people in four states.
MMPA markets nearly 5 billion pounds of milk annually to fluid milk customers and food ingredient manufacturers. MMPA operates two manufacturing plants in Ovid and Constantine, Michigan and a cheese plant in Middlebury, Indiana. Products made at the Michigan plants include butter, ultra-filtered milk, powdered milk, cream and condensed skim milk. These products are sold to a wide range of food manufacturers who make end-use products such as candy, ice cream, pudding, baked goods, cheese and yogurt.
Clerical (Part Time)
- Cash sales, individual salted butter sales to producers and walk in traffic
- Account for transaction and inventory
- Account for cash, checks, producer assignments and make change
- Front Office Reception
- Truck directions via phone and walk-in
- Make sure visitors are checked in on the sign in sheet and that they are up to date on contractor’s compliance/visitors paperwork
- Check ID’s
- Pick up mail daily
- Keep track of office supplies and place orders as needed.
- Answer phones, direct calls and deliver messages
- Filing and data entry; ensure smooth operations in office administration
- File important documents
- Able to retrieve documents when needed (audit/mock recall)
- Spreadsheet data entry
- Milk Tickets, bill of ladings, manifests COA’s, shipment of product
- Verify math on each milk ticket
- Compare scale and producer weights obtain corrections if necessary
- Posting into mass balance
- Balance with corporate at mid and end of month
- Ensure tickets are sent to proper destination
- Shipping – Loadout board
- Input invoices into spreadsheets and make copies for corporate
- Receive and fill out purchase orders into spreadsheets
- Maintain and file HACCP sheets
- Update and maintain consumables spreadsheet
- End of the month reports
Education and Work Experience:
Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year program; orthree plusyears inrelated experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Functional Competencies needed:
Strong planning, organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated initiative and desire to learn about the dairy industry
- Aptitude for gaining knowledge
- Ability to foster knowledge exchange within and with other departments
- Collaborative communication approach
- Utilize sound judgment
Personal Skills/Attributes needed:
Committed to achieve our mission
- Shows value for different opinions, shows flexibility to different opinions.
- Shows interest to learn and share from others.
- Learns and interacts positively with the environment
- Willing to take action in a changing environment
- Shows passion for growth and development within a team
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer