Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Two SECOND SHIFT (2nd) openings. Works independently with little supervision. The role provides maintenance repair, troubleshooting and support for this three story food manufacturing facility and cannery. The role is responsible for work order completion of planned projects as well as breakdown, failure, and repairs. This position is to perform and assist with basic maintenance, service, troubleshooting, repairs, welding and plumbing, as well as assisting specialists with the repair, maintenance, rebuilding and installation of equipment and machinery in the facility.
- Must participate in and comply with all Good Manufacturing Practices, good housekeeping and adhere to all safety practices
- Operate with a high degree of proficiency with little or no supervision, particularly as such involves the specific trade area
- Repair and preventative maintenance on food manufacturing equipment
- Repair and preventative maintenance of non-production machinery and support equipment
- Troubleshoot and conduct root cause analysis of failures regarding machinery, defects with equipment, and systems
- Assembles, installs, repairs, and tests equipment, wiring, fixtures, PLC controlled equipment, and air, gas, steam, water, and waste disposal systems
- Complete repairs to electronic circuitry, PLC#39;s relays, timers etc to keep the machines at top efficiency
- Assist in making repairs to high and low pressure boilers systems
- Must use SAP to track work order, completion of work, parts and materials used and time spent on each job
- Other duties as assigned
- Required to have the ability to read and interpret blue prints, electrical schematics, and other drawings
- Must be able to read and use precision measuring/weight devices such as micrometers, etc
- Must be able to read, troubleshoot and re-program logic controls
- Must be able to use all manner of hand and power tools such as drill presses, grinders, milling machines, etc
- Required 2-year technical degree in a related field such as electromechanical or mechatronic technology; manufacturing automation; or industrial maintenance.
- Must have at least 2 years of industrial maintenance experience
- Available for all shifts
- Knowledge/ability to produce sanitary welds on stainless steel
- Knowledge/ability to work with 3 phase industrial electrical systems
- Knowledge/ability to conduct minor carpentry, painting and odd jobs
- Multi-craft journeyman card preferred
- Food Manufacturing experience, Sanitary Design experience, and knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques such as 5-S
- Positive attitude and willingness to be a team player to accomplish work and goals for the success of the plant
- Must be able to work any shift (this is NOT a rotating shift)
In order for a candidate to be successful in this environment, a candidate should be able to meet and perform the responsibilities as described above with or without physical accommodation. Must be able to tolerate and work in temperatures of less than 35 degrees and in excess of 100 degrees
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.