Crete Analytical Laboratory
Mrieux NutriSciences is a solutionproviderdedicated to preventing health risks related to food and to the use of everyday products. Offering a wide range of testing and consulting services, our teams are committed to providing our clients with accurate results, delivered on time, with uncompromising ethics, honesty and personal integrity.
Our motto: "More than a successful business, we are building a healthier world" .
Do you want to be a part of it?
YOUR DAY TO DAY LIFE
We are looking for a Chemist I in 3600 Eagle Nest Dr, North Building, Crete, IL 60417 USA. Your missions will be to:
The incumbent is responsible for performing chemical analysison food/pharmaceutical samples. Theincumbent analyzes the concentration of certain components in foodsamples. The incumbent must accuratelyprepare and process the samples to obtain the needed results. This position reports to the Supervisor ofChemistry.
- Analyses w/Extractions (Cholesterol, FAP, ICP, MOJO, FFA, etc.)
- Ensure that proper analysis methods are conducted on the appropriate samples.Maintain chemistry quality control records and procedures for each test.
- Extract desired components from samples with appropriate processes such as distillation, solvent extraction and acid digestion, so that concentrations can be determined.
- Calculate the concentration of components present in samples and post results.
- Wash glassware as needed and prepare samples as needed.
- Prepare standards or reagents that are needed for the analysis procedure.
- Maintain knowledge of Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) required to complete job responsibilities.
- Maintain clean laboratory by washing countertops, sweeping floors, storing analysis materials, etc.
- Initiate and investigate customer complaint and non conformancesDetermine root cause and corrective action.
- Review batches and respond to out of specification results or questionable data.
- Maintain equipment records in appropriate software systems.Meet the housekeeping schedule on time.
- This position has the responsibility and authority to identify departures from the quality system or test procedures and document such observations in accordance with the prescribed non conformance system and the supervisor is notified.
- Responsibility to support laboratory management in the implementation maintenance and improvement of the management system.
- Adhere to all safety policies.
- Perform other related duties as needed.
- 1-2 years ofexperience. This position requires a general knowledge of chemistry to performanalyses.
- A basic knowledge ofinstrumentation and theory including HPLC, GC, ICP and AA is helpful. Basic knowledge of food science is helpful toanalyze the chemical content of samples.
- A general knowledge of the Labortory Information Management System andLaboratory Instrument Data systems are required to process client data.
- The incumbent needs a broad knowledge ofanalytical chemistry to perform analysis procedures.
- Manual dexterity is neededto pipet samples where required.
- Analytical skills are necessary for completionof tasks within the department.
- A broad knowledge of mathematics andstatistical analysis are necessary to perform calculations.
- A broad knowledge of laboratory safetyprocedures and policies is necessary to ensure a safe working environment.
- Should have a working knowledge of the internal IQA and TQM programs.
- Time management skills are helpful tomaximize the progress of the analysis process and perform multiple tasks at thesame time.
You will join a company with an inspiring mission. With us, you could learn and develop yourself in a collaborative, empowering, dynamic and challenging environment. Entrepreneurship and improving public health are part of our DNA.
Join us and contribute to a meaningful Project!
To apply please click on #39;Apply now#39; button