Mrieux NutriSciences is a solutionproviderdedicated to preventing health risks related to food and to the use of everyday products. Offering a wide range of testing and consulting services, our teams are committed to providing our clients with accurate results, delivered on time, with uncompromising ethics, honesty and personal integrity.
Our motto: "More than a successful business, we are building a healthier world" .
Do you want to be a part of it?
YOUR DAY TO DAY LIFE
We are looking for a Chem Tech
Your missions will be to:
Responsible for performing chemical analysis on food, pharmaceutical or other samples
- Composting and grinding of samples for analysis as required.
- Perform chemical analyses such as protein, moisture, fat, ash, and other components.
- Prepare sample for analysis according to procedure. Retrieve samples from designated areas (e.g. log-in, sample storage).
- Perform chemical analyses of macronutrients, micronutrients or other parameters as designated.
- Extract desired component from sample with appropriate processes so that concentration can be determined.
- Prepare standards and reagents that are needed for the analysis procedure.
- Write/label all samples throughout the process so that Client and sample numbers can be tracked.
- Perform calculations, checking and interpretation of results where applicable.
- Track status of designated tests as assigned to ensure Client turn around time commitments are met and inform supervisor of non compliance.
- Assist other departmental personnel with analysis tasks so that testing can proceed according to specified time limits.
- Update logbooks, transfer data and maintain records, including quality records for the specified tests, notify supervisor of any non compliant results.
- Perform necessary housekeeping duties in a timely manner, keeping the work areas and equipment clean and sanitized.
- Must participate in cleaning schedule and maintain retain samples as required.
- Train analysts where required and participate in the training programs.
- Perform necessary preventative maintenance on instrumentation according to identified schedules.
- Clean and prepare glassware for future analysis use.
- Ensure material/supplies are maintained and available for the next analysis including preparation of reagents where applicable.
- Coordinate with other department personnel with analysis tasks to maintain smooth flow of work
- Maintain knowledge of Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) that is required to complete job responsibilities.
- Support corporate quality and continuous improvement process,including participation in monitoring of quality parameters as assigned, and performance of necessary tasks related to quality control parameters for the test being performed.
- This position has the responsibilities and authority to identify departures from the quality system or test procedures and document such observations in accordance with the prescribed complaint system and supervisor is notified.
- Responsibility to support laboratory management in the implementation, maintenance, and improvement of the quality management system.
- Adhere to all safety policies.
- Perform other related tasks as needed
- A general knowledge of the Laboratory Information Management System is required to process client data.
- The incumbent needs a basic knowledge of analytical chemistry to perform analysis procedures.
- Manual dexterity is needed to manipulate samples where required.
- A basic knowledge of personal computers is useful to accurately enter testing data and results.
You will join a company with an inspiring mission. With us, you could learn and develop yourself in a collaborative, empowering, dynamic and challenging environment. Entrepreneurship and improving public health are part of our DNA.
Join us and contribute to a meaningful Project!
To apply please click on #39;Apply now#39; button