Join Our Community of Food People!
Responsible for developing new retail customers in assigned geography. Accountable for achieving sales goals through the acquisition of new customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for calling/visiting small business owners, not for profit, churches, or current retail customers in assigned geography to grow sales and assist in meeting sales goals.
- Call on new business owners by persuading them to purchase products at the retail store.
- Work collaboratively with Companys Management team in order to grow sales.
- Responsible for executing specific marketing initiatives and promotions assigned within geography.
- Participate in trade shows.
- Ensure that customers have a positive in-store shopping experience by providing a key point of customer contact.
- Keep management or marketing appraised of any pertinent shifts regarding customer recommendations/suggestions and or shift in the competitive environment.
- Maintain an atmosphere of superior customer service focusing on the companys mandate: great food, great food people and making it easy.
- Assist with food demonstrations including preparation and set-up of the demo cart/display, distribution of samples of product as per the merchandising program and perform suggestive selling.
- Maintain a store culture that focuses on initiating and supporting sales as well as creating a strong, superior service culture within the store.
- Adhere to and support all policies and procedures of US Foods and help ensure that the facility is well maintained and is a safe environment for staff and customers.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned or required including backing-up a Front End Lead role.
Education/Training : High School diploma or equivalent required.
Related Experience : Three (3) years of retail selling experience in food service required. Must possess the ability to work a flexible hourly schedule and travel 75% of the time, which includes holidays and weekends. Must possess a valid drivers license. and demonstrate competency and proficiency with computer use and spreadsheet creation and usage, word processing, email and internet software. Must have cash handling experience.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities : Must have the desire and the ability to deliver exceptional customer service. Must have strong presentation and influencing skills and possess the ability to quickly assess situations, address issues, and make solid, good business decisions. Must demonstrate good common sense and the ability to think logically through all situations. Must possess the ability to build professional relationships with the client base. Must be motivated and self-driven and consistently demonstrate the ability to analyze customer needs and make recommendations based on sound business knowledge and commercial acumen. Must possess the adaptability and a willingness to help out in order to get the job done, understanding fully that the nature of the business means that staff at all levels within the store will be expected to roll up their sleeves and provide whatever is required to offer the customer fast, easy and efficient service.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual will need to speak, hear, see, sit, or stand as needed. The incumbent will be required to perform computer keyboarding activities. The position will require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. The position will also require reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist, or lifting items as required for products, filing documents or storing materials throughout the work day. The position requirements may also include lifting items that weigh up to 50 pounds for products, files and computer printouts.
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***