For Current Agropur Employees: Please apply for this job through the Career application of your Workday Home Page.
Job Type: Regular
Working at Agropur means being a member of an extended family where simplicity and honesty are part of everyday life, and where the management style is based on integrity, openness and autonomy. You too can join the Agropur family!
The Cheese Packager I is responsible for the packaging of product while following safety and quality requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate and monitor packaging and casing.
- Safe operation, sanitation, and maintenance of equipment.
- Monitor the complete process for safety, efficiency, and quality.
- Maintain the packaging room, casing room, brine room and dry storage in a clean and sanitary fashion.
- Keep the area in a clean and sanitary fashion.
- Responsible to adhere to quality system requirements.
- Follows procedure and work instructions set forth through SOP#39;s and Master Sanitation Schedules.
- Understanding of and compliance with all Quality Assurance policies, and immediate reporting of any potential food safety issues to management.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Safety Protocol
- Stop any observed unsafe acts and obey facility safety rules and procedures.
- Correct or report any observed safety hazards.
- Support safety policies and programs.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- No experience required; on-the-job training provided.
- Minimum one (1) year of related experience preferred.
- Ability to read, understand, and adhere to documents and procedures (GLP, SOP, SDS, GMP, test procedures, and HACCP).
- Demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy in work.
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Basic computer operational skills; able to input and retrieve computerized information.
- Ability to follow written, verbal and diagrammatic instructions; complete simple checklists and complete required documentation.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Communicate well both verbally and in writing with managers and colleagues.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills.
- Decisions administered soundly and consistently with policies and in compliance with appropriate laws and regulations.
- Demonstrate functional and technical knowledge, ability to learn new skills quickly, and achieve a high level of accomplishment.
- Ability to solve problems by adapting knowledge and experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively at all levels in a collaborative team environment.
- Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others and work to maintain constructive working relationships.
Must be able to communicate, read, write and understand English.
AA/EEO - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity