For Current Agropur Employees: Please apply for this job through the Career application of your Workday Home Page.
Job Type: Regular
Working at Agropur means being a member of an extended family where simplicity and honesty are part of everyday life, and where the management style is based on integrity, openness and autonomy. You too can join the Agropur family!
Who we are:
We are an employee-focused organization that promotes from within and are looking for enthusiastic, team-oriented employees to join our growing team. Founded in 1938, Agropur is a top 20 global dairy processor. In addition to being one of the largest award-winning cheese manufacturers, Agropur is a leader in high quality and diverse nutritional whey proteins. Agropur#39;s 10 US-based, SQF Certified plants are behind some of the most prominent food, beverage, and nutrition brands in the industry. Vertically integrated by design, Agropur provides future-forward solutions in the areas of cheese, ingredients, beverages, and custom contract manufacturing services. "Better Dairy. Better World." www.agropur.com The starting pay for this position is $17.79 per hour
What this role is all about:
We are looking for a Cheese Grating Operator II in Jerome, ID. The Cheese Grating Operator II is responsible for the production processes in Cheese Grating.
- Safely and efficiently remove cheese from barrels for rework; removing plastic liner on cheese blocks.
- Inspect product for any damage and foreign material according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Cut and trim all cheese products on samples and barrels.
- Maintain the harps for the Cuber.
- Learn and participate in the Viso cleaning procedures.
- Safely and efficiently hand stack finished and packaged goods onto pallets.
- Verify that each case has the correct case information and LOT code.
The Requirements (Minimum Qualifications):
- Minimum one (1) year food manufacturing experience required.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with managers and colleagues.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy in work.
- Basic computer operational skills; able to input and retrieve computerized information.
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, adapt to a changing environment quickly, and think independently.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to follow written, verbal and diagrammatic instructions; complete simple checklists and complete required documentation.
- Ability to solve problems by adapting knowledge and experience.
- Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others and work to maintain constructive working relationships.
The Extras (Preferred Qualifications):
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
What we offer you:
- Agropur offers its employees a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package focusing on your physical, financial and emotional health to include the following:
- Health, Dental and Vision options
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a 4% company match
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Health and Wellness Programs to include Wellness Incentives and Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for discretionary bonus#39; and discretionary 401(k) contributions based on Company financial performance.
- Paid Time Off Program, Holiday Pay and Bereavement
- An environment that upholds our five core values: Boldness, Collaboration, Communication, Excellence and Integrity
- Opportunities for advancement
- Training programs
- Employee Referral Program
- Community Involvement
Our Jerome, ID, plant is home to approximately 400 employees and processes approximately 7 million pounds of milk per day. This facility produces various types of cheeses, such as; mozzarella, cheddar, provolone, muenster, parmesan, romano, Monterey jack, gouda, and asiago. They also run various whey streams, such as; deproteinized whey, sweet dairy whey, GMP, permeate, instantized, and our top-rated BiPro products.
The Jerome, ID area is a paradise for those seeking unique recreation attractions. You can visit Shoshone Falls (the Niagara of the West), Perrine Bridge (the only legal spot to base jump from in the US), and the beautiful Snake River Canyon (perfect for canoeing, boating and walking). There are also multiple restaurants throughout the Magic Valley area with quality cuisine. You can also visit the Jerome Chamber https://www.visitjeromeidaho.com/
or Twin Falls Chamber https://twinfallschamber.com/ sites for more information on local events.
AA/EEO - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity