Crystal Farms is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in cheese, egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career and sharpen your talents to make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that’s First in Food.
- Perform driving assignments as directed by dispatch on time with no cargo loss or damage.
- Ensure compliance with all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations relating to the operation of a commercial motor vehicle.
- Comply with hours of service regulations.
- Perform proper pre-trip, on-the-road trip and post-trip inspections as required by Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and complete company vehicle inspection report forms, ensuring vehicle and trailer are in safe operating condition.
- Ensure proper loading, securing and weight distribution of said cargo before and during trip. Protect cargo against shifting, damage and /or theft.
- Communicate all variances to scheduled pickup and delivery appointments promptly so the company can notify the customer and take corrective action as needed.
- Sign and complete all paperwork including Driver’s trip reports, and bills of lading or any other paperwork accurately and submit it promptly.
- Must be courteous, cooperative and respectful at all times and contact the immediate supervisor to handle any conflicts that do occur.
- Expected to adhere to safe work practices.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or GED2 Years Tractor Trailer Experience
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS: Powered Industrial Truck (PIT) CertificationCDL Class A Driver’s license
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Specific skills and abilities required that are not included in other sections:
- Valid CDL (Class A) license.
- Be familiar with all state and federal regulations pertaining to the operations of a commercial vehicle.
- 2 plus years of tractor trailer and/or yard switching experience.
- Ability to read and write English
- Obtain PIT certification and use motorized power jacks and/or hand jacks as needed
- Ability to crank landing gear/dolly legs up or down
- Ability to interact with customers/people in a professional manner.
- Must successfully pass the 90 day probationary period
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands/finger, to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and sit for extended periods. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and may not include all of the duties required of the position.