Michael Foods, Inc. is a leading food processor and distributor with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products and offers exciting job possibilities throughout our organization. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that’s First in Food – where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact.
We have the honor and responsibility of working in food – a critical infrastructure industry during this time of global crisis. We are working around the clock to keep inventory flowing to our retailers and to help feed the world. We are hiring at many of our manufacturing facilities…;this is a great opportunity for those who are now available due to hours being cut at their regular job or being sent home from college temporarily.
The Sanitation Technician is responsible for cleanliness of all the equipment throughout the building.
- Perform duties of cleaning and sanitizing facility by following SSOP’s.
- Handle chemicals according to safety rules. Wear appropriate PPE when handling chemicals.
- Dissemble equipment, clean all food contact and non-food contact surfaces using predetermined solution of chemicals/water using applicable sanitation tools.
- Perform CIP for all necessary equipment as needed.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP’s, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION:No prior experience or training.
LANGUAGE SKILLS:Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers.
REASONING ABILITY:Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving one concrete variable in standardized situations.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
* Driver’s license
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Specific skills and abilities required that are not included in other sections:
* Ability to operate specific equipment or tools
Ability to function as team member
Must be detail oriented
Follow and understand oral instructions.