Danone North America is the largest Public Benefit Corporation in the world. Our mission is to bring health through food to as many people as possible.
Danone North America is looking for a Category Activation Manager, Fruit Preparation in White Plains, NY.
The Fruit Preparation Category Activation Manager, North America (NORAM) is part of the One Direct team, reporting to the Regional Senior Category Sourcing Manager with a functional line to the One Direct Vice President of North America. Within Fruit Preparation sourcing, there are 3 key groups upstream fruit with global leverage, fruit prep with a regional leverage and flavors & colors with a global leverage.
Main activity for this role is to enable, support and implement projects linked to the global fruit preparation sourcing strategy with the geographical region of North America covering the countries of US and Canada.
The position is based in White Plains, NY, US.
Mission 1 : Fruit Preparation 2nd Transformation
The position will:
- Leverage Danone#39;s position in the Fruit Prep market by developing a local category strategy for Danone North America.
- Work cross functionally with the Planning teams to ensure that the Danone business is being supported by fruit preparation suppliers, to bring bottom line productivity (identify, manage and coordinate productivity projects) and to drive top line growth.
- Lead quarterly business reviews with all suppliers and develop supplier relationship management.
- Drive project management, contract management and internal compliance. Develop strong internal relationships with key stakeholders: take the lead working with R&I, PMO, and Planning to ensure suppliers are delivering and meeting expectations of the NORAM business.
- Collaborate across other direct material categories to enable opportunities that can deliver innovation and efficiency.
- Contribute to the development and deployment of Danone#39;s corporate Fruit Prep, Fruit and Sustainability Strategies. Fruit Prep spend is around $170MM per year for the NORAM region.
Mission 2: Programs / Project Implementation
The position will:
- Support the coverage of Danone needs in fruits and ingredients with the optimal mix of volume and quality.
- Enable fruit sourcing innovation by understanding the needs of the company as well as the fruit and ingredients market within the region.
- Actively manage the purchasing processes and lead market risk management with fruit prep suppliers.
- Foster and enable innovation mindset from the technological and marketing point of views by connecting suppliers to Danone business/product strategies by building robust business cases and gaining the "buyin" from relevant Danone stakeholders.
- Support R&I projects and develop a KPI tracker that follows the development process from start until launch of product.
- Work crossfunctionally with R&I to ensure the processes are implemented and maintained.
- Clearly share procurement fruit objectives with the R&I team to ensure they are equipped to support the business appropriately.
Reporting hierarchically to the Regional Senior Category Sourcing Manager Fruit Prep.
Engagement of key stakeholders: R&I, Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Finance across CBUs (US and Canada) and suppliers.
- Business, Agriculture or Engineering MS or Bachelor#39;s degree
- 5 plus years in Direct Materials purchasing (Agriculture businesses is a plus)
- Strong analytical skills
- Driven personality pursuing to compliance, alignment & standardization
- Highly organized and systematic
- Strong communication skills with business background
- Proven skills in both written and verbal communication, influencing and stakeholder management
- Ability to perform within a complex and "fastpaced" environment
- Understanding of the Fruit / Fruit preparation business & markets is a plus
- Proven strong knowledge and experience in Purchasing Category Management
- Team player, pragmatic, proven ability to lead and take ownership
- Curious, entrepreneurial spirit and selfdriven
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Language: English (second language is a plus)
- Travel up to 30%
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft applications and SAP
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices in White Plains, NY and Broomfield, CO. For more information, please visit DanoneNorthAmerica.com .
Danone North America is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.
Nearest Major Market: White Plains
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Engineer, ERP, Supply Chain Manager, Risk Management, Marketing Manager, Engineering, Technology, Operations, Finance, Marketing