Rich s, also known as Rich Products Corporation, is a family-owned food company dedicated to inspiring possibilities. From cakes and icings to pizza, appetizers and specialty toppings, our products are used in homes, restaurants and bakeries around the world. Beyond great food, our customers also gain insights to help them stay competitive, no matter their size. Our portfolio includes creative solutions geared at helping food industry professionals compete in foodservice, retail, in-store bakery, deli, and prepared foods, among others. Working in 100 locations globally, with annual sales exceeding $4 billion, Rich s is a global leader with a focus on everything that family makes possible. Rich s Infinite Possibilities. One Family.
As a Carvel RSR, you will be fully responsible for the direct store delivery of quality products to our supermarket accounts. This includes all aspects of store and customer service, product handling and transportation, merchandising, and communication. Key goals include sales volume, as measured on a per-store average basis, as well as overall sales in the market area, and customer (account) service and retention.
Sales and Customer Service
- Sells all products into all accounts, as appropriate, and accurately implements Carvel pricing strategies, including promotional pricing.
- Sells the Carvel program to new accounts, planning the work schedule to include calls on potential distribution outlets.
- Builds and maintains positive, productive relationships with supermarket operations personnel, resolving product or service problems promptly and ensuring excellent customer relations.
- Executes merchandising standards and objectives at specific accounts. Increases impulse sales through point-of-sale promotions and special displays.
- Maintains an accurate record of all transactions using hand-held computer units.
- Performs preventive maintenance on supermarket freezers.
- Monitors competition by gathering information on other products, prices, positioning, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, point of sale promotion materials. Recommends changes in products, services, and policies to District Sales Manager.
Product Handling and Transportation
- Manages and accurately tracks inventory of product on delivery truck. Works with Production Facility personnel to resolve any discrepancies.
- Ensures safety by completing pre-trip safety and maintenance inspections, and maintaining truck as required, completing preventive maintenance, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment supplies, and evaluating new equipment and processes.
- Loads and unloads product from delivery truck, handling product carefully to ensure continued product and packaging quality.
- Properly rotates product in the supermarket Carvel freezer.
- Maintains supermarket Carvel freezers in a clean and neat manner, ensuring than Carvel products and packaging are fresh, clean and attractive.
Communication and Teamwork
- Maintains regular communication with appropriate Manufacturing personnel and ensures an effective partnership between the Sales and Manufacturing organizations.
- Working with District Sales Manager, uses sales data and account information to accurately forecast sales, and provides this information to Manufacturing in a timely manner so that production outputs meet sales requirements.
- Maintains accurate records by completing appropriate product ordering paperwork, inventory forms, sales tickets, credit tickets, route book and truck inspection forms. Ensures that records are communicated as appropriate to Carvel management, headquarters field support, and manufacturing personnel.
- Experienced (2+ years) in Direct Store Delivery sales positions.
- Prefer valid CDL class B License (Must obtain CDL class B License within 30 days of employment) and a clean driving record.
- Physically able to perform the job: extended standing, driving are required; push/pull up to 50 pounds: required on a routine basis.
- Self-motivated, able to take initiative and use sound judgment in day-to-day decision making.
- Punctual and reliable in their work attendance.
- Professional, courteous, reliable, and mature, with outstanding organizational and communication skills.
- Flexible and able to work with others as a team.
- Possess solid general computer, math, and analysis skills.
- 21 years or older
- High school diploma or GED
Rich Products Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates ( Rich s ), are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity, and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Rich s. Please contact Rich s Human Resources department at asc rich.comif you need assistance completing this application or to otherwise participate in the application process.