Company Name:Layton Dough
Krogers purpose, to feed the human spirit by feeding our associates, our customers and our communities, starts with food. Food nourishes our bodies, brings us joy and connects us to each other. As a leading food manufacturing company, Kroger operates throughout the United States providing superior products that fill 40% of the dairy, bakery and grocery items you see at our retail stores. Are you passionate about the future of food? Youve come to the right place. We want the very best talent to help lead something big.
In our Quality Career Training Program, you will learn with the best in the business in championing supplier food safety, managing ingredient material categories, and working with both internal and external partners to ensure the safety of our products and processes. You will impact our business and your development by leveraging your knowledge and skills to provide technical expertise, become a leader, and be recognized as a valued partner for our plant, sourcing, and business teams.
The projects you manage in this role will provide you with a high level of cross-functional exposure and will accelerate your ability to navigate and influence across our organization.Do meaningful work, make a difference, and improve lives starting with your own. Join our team in the Career Training Program and start building your foundation for success!
PLEASE NOTE: Mobility for promotion to additional plants throughout the United States is expected.
Entry level professional opportunity for recent college graduates. The CTP Program is designed to prepare candidates for first level leadership positions upon successful completion of the 12-24 month program. CTPs build technical and leadership competencies in the selected area of expertise while gaining a broad knowledge base of all core business functions critical to the manufacture of Kroger products. Relocation is a requirement of the CTP Program. Perform all jobs safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire division in the areas of Safety, Quality, Reliability (SQR) and our Customer 1st strategy. Provide leadership that embodies our 7 Kroger Manufacturing High Performance Work System Principles. Demonstrate the companys core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Initiate active development through interactions with team members, mentors, Corporate and Plant sponsors
- Demonstrate excellence in project planning, execution, and timing through project evaluation and use of available resources to expedite project completion
- Participate in the multi-faceted orientation process
- Demonstrate commitment inthe plant safety process
- Contribute and participate in practical, challenging and meaningful assignments
- Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF Systems
- Accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
Minimum Position Qualifications/Education:
- Must relocate as a requirement of the CTP Program
- Experience through internships, part time, or full time positions
- Self-motivated; able to meet deadlines with limited supervision
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, with high degree of accuracy and precision
- Administration: Bachelors degree in Business or related field
- Engineering: Bachelors degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Finance: Bachelors degree in Accounting/Finance
- Human Resources: Bachelors degree in Human Resources or related field
- Manufacturing Information Technologist (MIT): Bachelors degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science, Microsoft (MS) Certified IT Professional (MCITP) or MS Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) with emphasis in MS Windows 2008 Server and MS SQL 2008 database management; or MS Certified Technology Specialist certifications in Windows 7, MS Windows 2008 Server, and MS SQL Server 2008
- Operations: Bachelors degree in Operations Management or related field
- Quality Assurance: Bachelors degree in Food Science, Biological or Chemical Sciences; knowledge of Dairy/ Bakery/Grocery Food Science or Product Development
Desired Previous Job Experience/Education:
- Graduate degree in discipline related field
- Experience in manufacturing environment
- Experience in union environment