Capper Machine Operator Position's Available!
Come join our family…the ##1 brand of pickles, peppers, and relishes!
Mt. Olive Pickle Company offers a competitive salary and benefit package and continues to strive to be the Employer of Choice within the community.
For a Limited time only, up to $1,000 in bonuses!!!!
COVID-19 considerations: Please refer to our website at www.mtolivepickles.com for detailed information on Mt. Olive Pickle Company’s Response to COVID-19
We have two(2) Night shift Capper Machine Operator Position's available. The ideal candidate would have to Operate controls for the feeding line, brine pump, brine conveyor, capper conveyor, and jar washer conveyor. Is eligible to begin training towards Machine Operator/Mechanic status.
- Operates controls for the feeding line, brine pump, brine conveyor, capper conveyor, and jar washer conveyor.
- Uprights overturned jars and hand-fills with product or liquid as needed. Frees jammed jars on line or jammed caps in chute. Removes jars which do not conform to Company specifications (slack pack, foreign objects, poor quality). Follows defined broken glass procedures.
- Notifies Pasteurizer Operator of product change, lunch, break or end of shift by placing empty gallon jar on line.
- Removes all jars under briner at break, lunch or end of shift. Turns off all switches at break, lunch or end of shift.
- Completes shift downtime report from briner conveyor to label machine.
- Monitors to assure that all product adheres to food safety and quality critical limits. The capper machine operator’s absence will be covered by another employee trained to monitor food safety and quality.
- Keeps work space clean and tidy.
- Follows safety rules and company policies.
- Dumps boxes of caps as needed.
- Switches brine pump off as needed.
- Cleans switch panel.
- Carries all empty bottles that are reusable to glass washer area to be rewashed for later use.
- Turns in broken jars with thin walls to Supervisor with name of company, number of jars lost and amount of product discarded.
- Participates in training, employee meetings, committees, project teams, etc. as appropriate.
- Receives written instructions from packing schedule or verbal instructions from supervisor on above tasks and performs other work as directed by supervisor.
Mt. Olive Pickle Co., Inc. is an Affirmative Action /Equal Employment Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabilities.