Capital Project Manager
Reports To: Plant Engineer
FLSA Status: Salaried Exempt
Responsible for scoping, quoting, planning, and coordinating capital and expense projects. Individual will manage the capital budget and financial spend of each project within budget. The role will oversee all aspects of the project through installation and acceptance by operations/facility teams.
What You Will Be Doing
- Oversee all aspects of capital and expense projects
- Work with all levels of management to develop clear project scopes, manage and obtain multiple quotes and project expenses for approval.
- Work with appropriate staff to obtain the ROI for the project and present the project for approval
- Manage all aspects, contractors, inhouse resources, municipal and governing bodies to deliver the project within all appropriate compliance requirements.
- Coordinate facility project engineering objectives as it relates to architectural design concepts in accordance with company plans
- Manage all contractors related to the project and coordinate with departmental management for all projects.
- Facilitate, through expansion, equipment and facility design or renovation, company goals and objectives of capacity, productivity and efficiency
- Develop, organize and maintain engineering specifications/standards and process equipment operational parameters to ensure process stability while maximizing yield, productivity and efficiencies
- Provide guidance and support to maintain facility operating systems to achieve optimum manufacturing process efficiencies in the most cost-effective manner
- Continually strive to reduce facility and manufacturing operating costs by providing best option technical solutions and/or utilizing best method analyses towards improving internal systems
- Drive sustainability, ARM (Asset Reliability Model) and Team member development initiatives
- Ensure safe operations and compliance with all local, state, federal regulations and laws.
What We Are Looking For
- High School Diploma Required
- Degree in Engineering or relevant technical field preferred and/or equivalent experience
- 3 to 5 years technical engineering experience and management, in a plant manufacturing environment, preferably in a food manufacturing facility
- Certificate in AutoCad or SolidWorks preferred
- Industry knowledge and/or equivalent engineering experience
- Proficient in organizing, planning, and prioritizing tasks to provide a clear timeline and delivery of projects within budget and on time.
- Ability to coordinate several projects at various stages at once
- Ability to provide engineering support for all personnel involved
- Ability to pay close attention to details
- Problem solving and follow through skills
- Proficient in managing a budget and provide financial checkpoints to ensure costs are managed.
- Ability to communicate clearly with contractors and plant staff to obtain comparative quotations and project scopes.
- Knowledge of Ammonia and /or Freon industrial refrigeration systems, boiler systems and operations
- Knowledge of PLC’S and base electronics and automation.
- Ability to read and/or draft in AutoCad, or SolidWorks.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear.
What We Offer
- We foster a culture that is saturated in hard work, but still team focused. We offer 100% of employee medical insurance premium paid by the Company. Additional benefits offered include dental, vision, life insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability - Holidays as well as Paid Time Off/Vacation.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.