Aspire Bakeries is a North American baking company with a leadership position in specialty frozen baked goods. Formed from leading bakery companies, its innovative food portfolio includes breads, artisan breads, buns, cookies, donuts, muffins and pastries from beloved brands likeLa Brea Bakery,Otis Spunkmeyer, andOakrun Farm Bakery. With 15bakeries in North America, we are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. Aspire Bakeries champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
- Is well trained in the operation of all kitchen equipment, including but not limited to: meat and cheese slicer, food processor, multiple types of kitchen cutlery, steamers, griddles, flat tops, ovens, burners, mixers, and other equipment used in the preparation of food and ingredients
- Communicates restaurant food preparation needs to Kitchen Manager; follows par levels established
- Cooks all food to order and works together with other kitchen employees to ensure that all customer food is being delivered hot and fresh
- Works with a high sense of urgency to meet order preparation goal
- Responds well to special orders; corrects mistakes quickly; looks to exceed customer needs at all times
- Cleans and maintains all equipment; insures all safety policies and standards are being followed at all times; reports issues to Kitchen Manager or Manager on Duty immediately
- Follows and adheres to all Food Safety guidelines and standards set forth by La Brea Bakery, local, state, and federal governing bodies
- Uses weights and measures to maintain consistency and control costs
- May be asked to assist in the prep of ingredients before, during, and after operating hours
- Does not serve food that is not up to the highest standards
- Performs other tasks or duties assigned by managers
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have current and valid ServSafe Food Handler Certification
- The employee may be required to frequently lift or occasionally move up to 20-50 pounds.
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Our organization is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance.