Aspire Bakeries is a North American baking company with a leadership position in specialty frozen baked goods. Formed from leading bakery companies, its innovative food portfolio includes breads, artisan breads, buns, cookies, donuts, muffins and pastries from beloved brands likeLa Brea Bakery,Otis Spunkmeyer, andOakrun Farm Bakery. With 15bakeries in North America, we are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. Aspire Bakeries champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
- Is well trained on the operation of all kitchen equipment, including but not limited to: meat and cheese slicer, food processor, multiple types of kitchen cutlery, steamers, griddles, flat tops, ovens, burners, mixers, and other equipment used in the preparation of food and ingredients
- Communicates restaurant food preparation needs to Kitchen Manager; follows par levels established
- Cooks all food to order and works together with other kitchen employees to ensure that all customer food is being delivered hot and fresh
- Works with a high sense of urgency to meet order preparation goal
- Responds well to special orders; corrects mistakes quickly; looks to exceed customer needs at all times
- Cleans and maintains all equipment; insures all safety policies and standards are being followed at all times; reports issues to Kitchen Manager or Manager on Duty immediately
- Follows and adheres to all Food Safety guidelines and standards set forth by La Brea Bakery, local, state, and federal governing bodies
- Uses weights and measures to maintain consistency and control costs
- May be asked to assist in the prep of ingredients before, during, and after operating hours
- Does not serve food that is not up to the highest standards
- Performs other tasks or duties assigned by managers
- Has a positive and welcoming attitude. Always smiles and goes the extra mile to provide unparalleled service
- Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Listens to others without interrupting.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Responds well to questions.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Takes the initiative to make sure all of the restaurant needs are being met; looks for ways to contribute
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos such as recipes, build sheets, and par sheets.
- Must have current and valid ServSafe Food Handler Certification
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and taste or smell.
The employee may be required to frequently lift or occasionally move up to 20-50 pounds.
Personal Appearance- In complete La Brea Bakery uniform: shirt tucked in, clean, and ironed, wearing and visibly displaying name tag; appropriately groomed; no facial piercing; no tongue rings; no visible tattoos
Aspire Bakeries is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.