The CAD Technician provides support to plant engineering staff by performing a wide variety of design-related work. The primary focus of work involves the development of CAD drawings, maintaining CAD file documentation, working with suppliers and equipment fabricators, and supporting corporate and plant personnel during the design of specialty process equipment in the form of sketches, schematics, models, measurements, and communicating and addressing design concerns and opportunities for improvement.
- Performs assigned work on plant and capital projects and ensures progress in accordance with project schedules.
- Performs CAD design work for potential or new plant and capital projects.
- Works with suppliers to obtain equipment and layout designs.
- Assists with the modification of equipment or building design CAD drawings based on feedback from Project Engineers and Project Managers to achieve desired results.
- Assists in developing drawings, illustrative diagrams, or technical documents, such as Standard Operating Procedures and Engineering Design Specification manuals.
- Maintains the plant drawing filing system.
- Demonstrates cross-functional collaboration between Plant Engineering, Production personnel and maintenance.
Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Supports continuous improvement ideas and culture.
- Trains plant personnel as needed on Leprino CAD Design Standards and CAD File Drawing file storage.
- Applies Leprino Quality and Sanitary Design Standards into all aspects of CAD support.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
- 2-4 years of relevant experience, High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience with 3D modeling software (Inventor, Solidworks, Pro-E, Catia, etc.)
Preferred Qualifications & Experience:
- Associates Degree in Engineering Technology, a technical drafting degree, or equivalent relevant work experience
- 1+ year of CAD designing and drafting experience in the food, beverage, pharmaceutical, or biotechnology industries
- Experience creating P&ID
- Experience with hygienic standards, such as 3A, sanitary design, PMO, USDA Dairy, ASME BPE, etc.
- Biotechnology, Beverage, or Dairy industry experience
- Experience with 3D scanning programs
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities/Competencies:
- Knowledge of Autodesk Vault and Inventor
- Knowledge of safety principles, OSHA requirements, and ergonomic design
- Knowledge of concepts, principles, and theories of mechanical techniques
- Familiarity with mechanical and schematic vs. architectural design
- Ability to work from broad concepts to develop ideas and specifications for approval
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Ability to convert oral instructions and ideas by others into 2D and 3D designs and drawings
- This position reports to the Manager level.
This position primarily interacts with plant Project Engineers, Project Managers and Engineering Manager.
Leprino Foods Company utilizes the services of Psychemedics to perform our Hair Follicle Drug Testing. Additional information about this process can be obtained at https://www.psychemedics.com
Leprino Foods requires all individuals to wear the appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) as required by the role and location.
Leprino Foods Company supports a drug-free workplace and is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran
Nearest Major Market: Fresno