Interested in joining a privately family-owned, Canadian business? Maple Lodge Farms is Canada’s largest poultry processor. We operate to the latest in technological, health and safety and quality standards. With rapid expansion over the years, and continued innovation and investment in growth - we’re looking for committed and star players to join our team!
Shift: Monday to Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Role Purpose: Responsible for the delivery/transportation of by-products, waste, and recycling as needed.
· Performs daily monitoring of compactors and bins to ensure safe levels are not exceeded.
· Coordinates, and communicates consumable pickups daily, as required.
· Communicates with By-Products Manager to ensure inventory levels are met.
· Supports By-Products Manager by loading outside tankers
· Performs detailed daily trip inspections as outlined in the departmental SOPs.
· Performs tractor housekeeping, ensuring the internal and external cleanliness and tidiness of tractors.
· Reports any maintenance required to trucks, tractors, bins, etc. to the By-Product Manager.
· Policies, Processes & Procedures
· Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
· Experience working with tractor wet lines (hydraulics), Dump Trailers and roll-offs;
· Working knowledge of food and meat plant regulatory standards (CFIA, etc.), GMP, HACCP, BRC, food safety, food quality, etc.;
· Working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), WHMIS, Loss Control, etc.;
· Analytical, with problem-identification and problem-solving capabilities;
· High School Diploma.
· Class A license
· Building Trust - Builds strong relationships on a foundation of trust, loyalty and authenticity.
· Driving for Results - Relentlessly pursues quantifiable and measurable results: identifies areas for improvement and executes changes as necessary.
· Communication & Listening - Encourages open and honest communication with the team, communicates messages clearly and concisely and listens attentively to others.
· Initiative - Proactively seeks new opportunities and challenges; takes ownership and accountability for enhancing results or minimizing problems.
· Builds Networks - Builds strong relationships with peers, partners and key stakeholders, cultivating meaningful connections.
· Awareness & Insight - Assesses one’s own abilities, understands how actions impact perceptions and thrives within our culture, climate and organization at all levels.
· Plant Based
· Outside conditions (weather) and farm environment (strong smells, animal feces, muck, etc.)
· Some heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.)
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.