Position Summary and Responsibilities
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Evaluating MRP/ERP demands, and administrating procurement activities (buying) of materials required for SSPA products.
- Requesting bids and negotiating prices/deliveries outside vendors and internal supervisors and program managers in order to facilitate production build. Expediting both inbound and in-house past due deliverables.
- Review & analyze material shortages and recommend suggestions to prevent production delays.
- Raw material purchasing in support of other purchasing activities.
- Attend meetings and update reports with relevant information.
- Review and analyze purchasing performance, generate reports of past and current metrics.
- Internal distribution of information, forms, and reports – both within the MC/PC department, and to external departments.
- Evaluate and execute temporary & permanent engineering change orders.
- Find, research, and evaluate potential new suppliers for procured parts.
- Semi-conductor purchasing experience a plus
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a general knowledge of Microsoft Office and Inventory Software.
3-5 years directly related experience.
Follow all import/export requirements.
Basic knowledge of ISO and/or AS9100
Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing/6 sigma/Kaizen
Self-motivated and the ability to work independently.