IL Oak Brook
Job Posting Title:
Business Unit Manager - pretzels
The Business Unit Support Manager supports the Business Unit Leader by providing leadership and coordination on strategic, cross-functional priorities required to help achieve business unit goals and objectives. This role is responsible for managing detailed cross-functional teams, project plans, and tracking mechanisms for timely execution of both commercial- and operational-related business unit initiatives.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Support Business Unit Leader on development and execution of strategic initiatives that will drive success for the business unit
- Lead project management of business initiatives. Assemble and manage cross-functional project teams, develop project plans and lead regular project meeting cadence. Coordinate and support project costing, material set-up/readiness, scale-up efforts and launch/post-launch metrics.
- Partner with sales to understand key account strategies and identify and implement appropriate category management solutions for optimizing account performance. Serve as point person for sales communications / sales wire documents, IRI new item tracking, and assists with new item launch sales materials and sample requests.
- Develop and maintain relationships with potential contract partners
- Develop and maintain product catalogue materials and product knowledge library for respective categories
- Identify and manage solutions for business process improvement, business simplification and cost improvement efforts
- Analyze category data and segments to identify product and competitive strengths and weaknesses, identify growth opportunities and defense strategies as needed
- Support development of annual business review and assist in the development of mid and long-term strategic business planning
- Initiatives may include business process improvement, innovation/acquisition strategy, product and packaging innovation, high value cost savings efforts, customer support and management, customer and product troubleshooting, supply chain strategy, production capacity management, QA/R&D/procurement alignment, and sales/operations alignment
- All other duties as may be assigned
Skills, Experience and Education:
- 8+ Years of experience; A background in food manufacturing or technical services strongly preferred
- Excellent project management capability
- Strong facilitating, presenting and training skills
- Ability to organize, influence and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Self-motivated with continuous improvement mindset and strong multitasking, analytical thinking, problem solving and leadership skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate within all levels of the organization and develop materials that translate across a wide range of functional audiences
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Microsoft Project, etc.)
- Acute attention to detail
- Financial Acumen - ability to apply financial management principals to ensure fiscally sound decisions
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to coach and mentor others
- Knowledge of multiple business disciplines including Regulatory, R&D, QA , Purchasing, Marketing, Finance and Manufacturing to influence team participation and follow-up
- Strong leadership capability with the ability to influence a wide range of people including corporate leadership, plant leadership and cross-functional teams
- Exposure to new product commercialization and start-up procedures and to syndicated data (IRI, AC Nielsen)
- Familiarity with SAP and BI a plus
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement a plus
Education: Bachelor#39;s Degree Required - Type: Business,
Master#39;s Degree Required -- Type: MBA is a plus
Travel Requirements: TBD
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to disability-accommodations treehousefoods.com . In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.