Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We#39;re proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sitdown together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 155+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, NewZealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Utilize Industrial Engineering and Business Process/CI techniques to improve facility operations through process improvement, metrics reporting/visibility, inventory control methodology, and labor management practices. Ensure new and existing facility success through testing of systems and automation that yield best practices and standardized operations. Work with WMS Configuration and Training and Support teams whose purpose is to provide configuration solutions and WMS processes to maximize efficiency of work processes in office and warehouse floor. Assist in planning and executing WMS conversions along with orchestrating User Acceptance Testing on site.
- Function as the Process Readiness workstream owner for warehouses, current and future designs, will operate with our core processes and systems
- Partner with Engineering Solutions, PMO and other cross-functional teams to support major, complex new business launches and conversions
- Act as Subject Matter Expert on all current operational processes (including nuances across WMS#39;s) and future designs; work with operations, design engineering, and IE labor teams to understand work methods, process steps, and labor practices
- Act as functional test lead owner on complex programs, working with operations, project managers, and super-users, to run all scenarios and test scripts required prior to launch/turnover
- Lead/support all major WMS and other systems conversions for our sites (JDA, HighJump or 2-3 legacy systems) to ensure launches occur without systems bugs/misses that affect customer service
- Lead the testing and deployment of the company#39;s automation designs by supporting the PMO teams as functional test lead and owner
- Design, document and lead User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Operational Readiness Tests (ORT#39;s) to blend the delivery of automation, workstations and human interaction
- Support Integrated Detailed Design (IDD) and deeper engineering efforts with the Engineering Solutions teams to support supplier selection, WES/WCS software design, process layout and functional flow of new automated sites.
- Lead the technical writing of the process sections of the Description of Operation (DOO) that acts as an owner#39;s manual delivered to operations management; show how the design, process, people and technologies combine to run the building.
- Work with IT WMS/WES architects to become WMS and automation software super-user, prior to launch
- Work with Americold IT and external automation companies to setup data and test environments to test all code via scenarios and PMO methodology, prior to rollout in production; participate in conference room pilots and code rollout sessions
- Review, edit and QA all technical documents provided by automation provider around their WES/WCS functionality including, Functional Specification Document, Software Spec, and Hardware Spec.
- Support Systems PM#39;s and leadership on launches and conversions in development, configuration, hardware deployment, bug tracking, resolution and training.
- Support facility launches and go-live periods during ramp-up, typically 3-6 months, overseeing process and training rollout to operations; handoff all best practices, training documents, tools, automation commissioning/testing and tested systems to avoid disruption of service
- Ensure inventory is synchronized between the automation systems and the WMS; train research teams to understand discrepancies and resolve
- Plan all test scenarios/scripts and schedule UAT resources for all Advanced Technology and Automation go-lives and support.
- Act as the principle process owner of how the JDA WMS should work and operate
- Partner with the WMS/LMS deployment team to complete the Gap analysis of the future WMS implementations to the JDA base configuration to identify process gaps between the site and the approved processes.
- Partner with the IE team to scope and design improvements to the legacy WMS and prepare ROI documentation.
- Champions WMS improvements and represents the business in all future development work.
- Work closely with Operations Management, Program Management, and System Project Managers to ensure successful go-live preparations and go-lives.
- Play an active role in developing, maintaining and documenting all WMS processes and procedures to ensure adherence to the Americold Operating System standards. This includes general SOP#39;s as well as site or customer specific processes and procedures.
- Other duties as requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Education, Training & Professional Experience:
- Bachelor#39;s degree in Industrial Engineering or Systems Engineering
- 5+ years of related experience
- Experience launching large systems and physical programs including WMS conversions, automation go-lives and/or labor management implementation
- Operations Management and leadership preferred
- Proficient computer skills, experience in MS Office, including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, AS400 and Red Prairie/JDA WMS, LMS.
- Proficient with data mining, SQL/database query/information extraction, AS400, RF Scanning and WMS/WFM systems
- Technically advanced in implementing and managing warehouse systems and controls.
- Automation experience a plus
- Technical skills in industrial engineering, management, quality assurance and costing required.
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
- Excellent time management, communications, decision-making, organization, human relations, presentation, negotiation, and mediation skills
- Ability to communicate professionally, both written and verbal with individuals at all levels of the organization and with external contacts
- Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate the team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization
- Proven knowledge of state/federal standards and regulations
- Proficient knowledge of safety/training management
- Progressive, flexible and team-oriented approach desired
- Possess a proactive approach with strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrates uncompromising level of integrity and code of ethics and maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Must be able to travel at an estimated 50-75% of the time, including extended periods during go-live launches of new business; some international travel may be required.
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
- Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
- Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
- Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
- Requires frequent travel by automobile and airplane up to 75% of the time
- Required to visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
- Frequently carries loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
- Requires the use of various electronic tools
- Occasionally works evenings or weekends in order to complete objectives or to attend meetings
- Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
- Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.