Rich s, also known as Rich Products Corporation, is a family-owned food company dedicated to inspiring possibilities. From cakes and icings to pizza, appetizers and specialty toppings, our products are used in homes, restaurants and bakeries around the world. Beyond great food, our customers also gain insights to help them stay competitive, no matter their size. Our portfolio includes creative solutions geared at helping food industry professionals compete in foodservice, retail, in-store bakery, deli, and prepared foods, among others. Working in 100 locations globally, with annual sales exceeding $4 billion, Rich s is a global leader with a focus on everything that family makes possible. Rich s Infinite Possibilities. One Family.
Identify, scope, and implement business process transformation and improvement initiatives. Partner with Business, technology, and human resources to align on business strategies. Collaborate with process owners, business unit(s) and/or product group(s) to identify, recommend, and prioritize process change and technology opportunities that drive business improvement linked to strategic imperatives. Provide strategic and tactical support for cross-functional process improvement teams. Establish metrics and governance to achieve and sustain process performance.
Process Management, Design & Implementation
- Plan and lead business process design activities, including working with executives to define required outcomes, scope initiatives and design innovative business solutions that include people, process and technology components
- Assess business processes, including collecting data and calculating the benefit for business case development
- Communicate the scope of process change required
- Establish metrics and governance to effectively manage process improvement
- Redesign business processes as appropriate, using appropriate tools and methodologies
- Support organizational change to ensure that the process delivers the anticipated benefit
- Promote and champion the concept of Business Process Management
- Manage a central “living” repository for business processes; Ensure integrity of process model and documentation
- Develop and apply the Enterprise Process Model to provide a common understanding of the enterprise, assign ownership, and align strategic objectives and operational demands. Use the model to navigate organization complexity, make more informed decisions, and drive more effective strategy execution.
- Facilitate business case development
- Promote horizontal and vertical communications between project teams and the rest of the organization; Assist with team and organization interfaces
- Help to ensure that the project/program/enhancement delivers the anticipated benefits
- Manage process scope and requirements within the program plan
- Foster strong customer relations within areas of responsibility and ensure alignment with business process leaders
- Act as a process expert across business competencies to help prioritize business requirements and identify areas of opportunity/improvement
- Ensure alignment with corporate strategies, objectives and initiatives through active participation in the business planning process. Maintain alignment with IT architecture strategies and support the implementation of common systems.
All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA/Masters Degree preferred
- Minimum of seven (7) years Process Design and Improvement experience in various core business processes (i.e., Order-to-Cash, Procure to Pay, etc.) or comparable experience implementing and supporting information systems for the relevant business area
- Minimum seven 7 years Project Management
- Experience using process modeling and mapping tools and methodologies such as Six Sigma
- Experience implementing and/or supporting packaged application systems
- Proven ability to adapt communication to target audience, including senior level leadership, within the organization via writing, speaking and presentation)
- Demonstrated leadership ability and consulting skills
- Experience analyzing and redesigning business processes
- Preferred Certifications: Business Process Management, Six Sigma, Project Management