Johnsonville products are available in retail stores in all 50 states. As a member of this sales team, you ll be the link between Johnsonville and millions of consumers, who enjoy our sausage as part of a quick breakfast or an outdoor tailgate with friends, family and neighbors. Johnsonville relies on experienced and dedicated sales professionals to ensure our customers receive the products they need and want, and that their consumers are satisfied. As a member of our retail sales team, you ll work closely with Johnsonville s marketing and category management teams to develop and deliver consumer insights and category reviews that help our customers be successful. You ll also work with our broker partners to make sure that sales strategies are fully and effectively executed, from headquarters to the retail stores. At Johnsonville, we call this delivering HICS -- Highest Impact On Customer Success.
Johnsonville is looking for a Business Manager to join our sales team in the South Region. Use your leadership and management skills to run your own marketplace in the greater Tennessee and Alabama markets, including the responsibility for our broker network. Key customers include AWG Nashville, AWG Southaven, Piggly Wiggly AL, Associated Grocers AL, Mitchell Grocery, Laurel Grocery, as well as a large number of Independents throughout the geography.
- Develop and build strong relationships with customers--those in key strategic decision-making positions at headquarter level and within retail store accounts
- Create and execute strategy with key accounts
- Gain and maintain distribution across all Johnsonville categories
- Create innovative programs and promotions
- Develop and manage broker relationships
- Bachelor s degree required
- Minimum of five years consumer packaged goods sales experience in the retail grocery industry in the Tennessee marketplace
- Experience building relationships with key customers, including at headquarter level
- Experience using syndicated data in selling
- Experience with Trade Promotion Management (TPM) systems strongly preferred
- Proven record of substantially building a business
- Shopper Marketing and Social-Digital activations
- Broker Management and/or Broker experience a plus
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong relationship building skills
- Superior strategic and tactical business planning skills
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills
About our Company
Since 1945, our family-owned band of sausage-makers has invented better ways to make, eat and prepare crave-able sausage. Today, we are 2,000 Members strong. We sell our famous sausage in all 50 United States and more than 40 countries. We have a culture built on the idea that if we make developing your talents our top priority, great business results will follow naturally. We call it The Johnsonville Way. It has been our secret sauce for decades, and we hope you get to experience it for yourself!
Coach:Region Coach (We don t have bosses at Johnsonville. We have Coaches. They are there to help you develop your talents.)
Travel: 35-45% (You work out your own schedule)
Preferred Location: Memphis, TN, Nashville, TN, or Birmingham, AL (Work from home when you renot traveling)
Member Status: Full Time, Salaried (At Johnsonville, you are not an employee, you are a Member)
How to Apply:
External candidates: Apply on-line only at: http://jobs.johnsonville.com
We value the diversity of our workforce and we embrace the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment. M/F/Vet/Disability
Johnsonville values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.