Position Function and Scope: The Business Development Senior Manager (BDSM) Sales for the Mid-Atlantic Region will be responsible for the successful achievement of the ongoing Merchandising, Assortment, Pricing and Shelving objectives established each fiscal year assigned for the accounts within their responsibility including Weis Markets and various NY Wholesalers. The key competencies associated with this position include (but are not limited to): establishing a strategic vision & perspective for assigned customers, effectively managing ambiguity & complexity in the marketplace, developing strategically aligned partnerships with assigned customers, demonstrating decision making agility, providing thought leadership through creative and innovative customer approaches, and utilizing business & financial acumen to deliver assigned revenue & profit goals within assigned spend. This position will focus on further developing Del Monte’s base business and play a role to develop growth initiatives, strategies, and tactics for emerging categories. Position can be located in PA, NY or NJ.
Responsibilities: Responsibility: Achieve Fiscal Year Financials
* Direct and deliver key financial metrics versus AOP sales with an aligned trade spend plan Responsibility: In-Market Execution and Customer Development
* Develop customer specific objectives in support of Del Monte’s strategic plan
* Achieve new item, assortment, pricing, and merchandising objectives set forth for specific customer objectives Responsibility: Direct and Drive JBP Partnership at Appropriate Levels of Customers
* Merchandising: Achieve annual and key even merchandising objectives
* New Items: Deliver new item objectives
* Pricing: Manager everyday pricing within GTMS
* GDP’s: Grow GDP’s/maintain share of GDP’s => than SOM (key segments)
* Execute assortment and shelving initiatives/customer category reviews to improve DLM shelf presence
* Drive market share in select categories and sub-categories in line with Corporate objectives
* Shopper Marketing program coordination where applicable
* Effectively engage and leverage cross functional resources (HQ Business Unit, Customer Development, Shopper Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain) to exceed/achieve business objectives with assigned customers Responsibility: Capabilities
* Own development of business utilizing cross-functional resources such as Category Management & Insights, Shopper Marketing, Customer Finance and Business Intelligence Analytics, to drive volume and share growth
* Leverage Customer Development to translate, integrate and activate Del Monte Consumer strategies into key customer-level business plans Responsibility: Customer Meeting Support
* Coordinate and attend sales/review/innovation presentations at Customers
* Collaborate with Category Management and Customer Development to deliver best in class presentation materials and insights for business meetings
* Create meeting cadence with Category Managers, Coordinators, Directors and other key cross-functional partners Other duties as assigned. Qualifications
* Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree required
* 5-10 years region or headquarters retail sales experience in consumer packaged goods industry or broker
* Direct and execute all aspects of the fiscal year sales plan execution:
* Develop and execute a strategic business plan to grow profitable volume year over year
* Establish customer priorities, objectives and strategies based on marketplace conditions
* Manage retail execution to ensure optimal shelf presence and retail conditions
* Review DMFI GTMS with customer for understanding and compliance
* Provide strategic input, reflecting customer requirements/needs into AOP planning process focusing on trade marketing strategy/tactics, delivering a plan that can be executed with customer to achieve company objectives.
* Identify and understand customer’s needs, and successfully interface with CD to customize plans that best meet the customer’s strategic direction while optimizing growth opportunities.
* Manage all aspects of trade spend to ensure DMFI funds are effectively utilized equitably with promotional strategies to achieve merchandising objectives. Manage trade funds to ensure incremental volume and profits result from spend. Monitor post promotional analysis to assess the impact of promotions and adjust, as appropriate, to improve results.
* Analyze and pursue innovative incremental growth opportunities and strategies during the trade plan development phase, present these to Team Lead & CD for alignment, then incorporate into JBP.
* Manage business based on a strategic scorecard aligned with customer, which focuses on mutually beneficial business growth, review quarterly, course correct when required, and proactively manage business.
* Manage internal resources to resolve promotion related deductions and forecast promotional demand.
* Leverage cross functional support groups (Sales Finance, Supply Chain, Category Leadership, CD) to drive growth, provide insights and improve customer services.
* Analyze customer, category and channel data to develop insights, solutions and recommendations to drive profitable growth for the customer and DMFI WE OFFER
* Competitive salary.
* Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401(k). Del Monte Foods, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status. ALL RESUMES NEED TO BE SUBMITTED THROUGH WWW.DELMONTEFOODS.COM TO BE CONSIDERED. (https://www.delmontefoods.com/careers/). Please be advised that your application is not complete until you fill out, sign, and submit an Application for Employment for a specific position for which Del Monte Foods, Inc. is actively recruiting. Your application must reflect that you possess the required qualifications for the position. No sponsorship is available for this position. No agencies or 3rd party vendors. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled