KIK Personal Care division is a business with sales of ~$1 billion, serving as a manufacturing partner for brand owners and CPG companies in the personal care and home care markets. KPC#39;s contract manufacturing network consists of 8 plants throughout North America.
Our Prestige Beauty pillar, is the manufacturer for leading prestige brands, which has broad capabilities and ability to offer full turnkey services. We have developed award-winning innovations for our prestige hair care and skin care customers.
The Global Skin Care industry has been growing over the last several years and is estimated to be worth $183.03 Billion by 2025. With several trends ranging from Clean Beauty to Cannabis Beauty, to Well-Aging, our company is creating high-quality, technically innovative products for our clients.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious beauty business development professional interested in joining of one of our fastest growing and exciting business segments. Your target accounts and territory are wide-open nationally.
The Business Development Manager is a dynamic sales hunter position where you will identify, develop and drive sales growth with new prospects, and create new revenue streams with current accounts. Y You will prospect, source, and develop new revenue-producing relationships with decision-making level executives at Consumer Products/Personal Care, Beauty and Skin Care, and OTC and health-care companies as you develop your pipeline. Additionally, you will be responsible for the profitability, volume and/or revenue growth, relationship health, contractual content and overall account management. Our ideal candidate enjoys travel to call on customers, is a proven prospector and producer, and has a track record of landing new business with mid-sized to larger consumer products/personal care, OTC or health-care companies . In years 1-2, y ou can expect a mix of about 90% hunting for new business opportunities and appx 10% account management in this role . The Business Development Manager reports to the Business Director, Prestige Beauty. The work location will be based at CBI in the Fort Worth, TX offices with flexibility to work from home 1 or 2 days a week.
Essential Job Functions
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets and execute business development.
- Responsible for prospecting and building an optimal sales pipeline.
- Manage the end-to-end sales process for all opportunities including initial customer#39; communication, on-site presentations, RFI response, RFP submission, negotiation, and deal/contract signing. The candidate is the focal point for all communication and sales activities with prospects and customers.
- Establish and develop strong strategic and tactical partnerships with targeted industries, markets, and /or customers.
- Interpret events at the customer to our business, including competitive activity, strategic plans, acquisitions, people movement
- Monitor units sold versus forecast for assigned accounts, identify disparity and begin corrective action.
- Monitor profitability by SKU or Product Group by Customer. Take corrective action to maintain margins.
- Prepare and distribute detailed ways of working and/or operational contract summaries to appropriate sites and departments
- Provide competitive intelligence through the use of robust win/loss reporting and information gathered through industry contacts
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor#39;s of Science Degree in a technical discipline - Chemistry, Engineering, Packaging Engineering and/or Business/Marketing.
- 5+ years#39; sales prospecting and business development experience in packaging related industry, preferably key packaging components, contract manufacturing, or brand/product development within mid-sized to larger consumer products/personal care, Beauty, OTC
- Capable of holding your own in a technical conversation discussing chemicals and formulations , making of a prospects product and manufacturing processes. Must have key understanding in these areas to explain the process of development of manufacturing beauty products to prospective customers.
- Must have successful experience selling complex product and packaging solutions with a track record of landing key accounts..
- Must be action-oriented and take initiative immediately to achieve results.
- Self starter, results driven,
- Demonstrates creative approach to penetrate new accounts, develop relationships/trust and credibility quickly and ultimately win new business.
- Must be able to quickly establish/develop and maintain good working relationships both internally and externally with clients.
KIK is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.