Business Development Associate, Sensory (Remote)
Mrieux NutriSciences is a solutionproviderdedicated to preventing health risks related to food and to the use of everyday products. Offering a wide range of testing and consulting services, our teams are committed to providing our clients with accurate results, delivered on time, with uncompromising ethics, honesty and personal integrity.
Our motto: "More than a successful business, we are building a healthier world" .
Do you want to be a part of it?
YOUR DAY TO DAY LIFE
We are looking for a remote Business Development Associate, Sensory. Your mission:
Responsible for profitable revenue growth for sensory and consumer insights testing within the assigned territory utilizing retention of existing business, increasing prices, and capturing new business through market development, heavy prospecting, and value added selling of Mrieux NutriSciences sensory and consumer insights services.
** This is a remote position that can be based anywhere in the US**
- Manage the sales efforts to best meet sales goals for the Mrieux NutriSciences Sensory division. Sales efforts will be via the telephone, monthly client appointments as per the requirements of this role. In rare instances, there may be opportunities for the Associate to attend a sensory related Trade Show. The Business Development Associate#39;s goal is to determine contact#39;s interests and needs, then present information to sell products and services to qualified prospects and existing clients. Respond to sales leads from various sources promptly and fully qualify for potential. This includes uncovering the contact#39;s need, reason for the need, and other business relevant details, which will increase the chances to win research projects.
- Present capabilities and technical qualification details and/or bring in technical experts as needed, in order to prepare the potential client for technical proposal phase.
- Manage the proposal process by writing proposals and working collaboratively with technical experts on joint proposals. Ensure proposals are delivered within the agreed upon time frame of the client.
- Work with selected focus accounts on a routine basis through periodic conference calls and possibly in-person meetings.
- Use processes and systems to enable laboratories to establish strong relationships with Select accounts by identifying and meeting client needs using all company services. Efforts will be reflected in monthly meeting and client contact goals and in monthly closed sales requirements.
- Manage opportunities related to sensory and consumer insights with new or existing clients. Manage any internet leads that are forwarded directly to the Business Development Associate and/or leads that are cultivated by the Business
- Development Associate through prospecting efforts.
- Work with the sensory operations team members on the transfer and management of projects sold and closed by the Associate.
- Work with the Business Development Director as a team to drive growth.
- Drive sales through aggressive research on potential accounts and cold calling to present our services and offerings.
- Participate in meetings between Laboratory Operations, Customer Care and Sales to proactively review existing clients and determine possible sales opportunities within the clients.
- Conduct telephone interviews, discussions and surveys to define current and potential client needs and interests in Mrieux NutriSciences services.
- Work with Marketing to coordinate and manage special projects.
- Develop and maintain professional selling skills and technical service expertise with available training on company services, emerging technologies, industry trends and regulatory requirements of interest to the client. Provide information to the clients to create and maintain a professional image as technical leaders in the industry.
- Support corporate quality and continuous improvement process.
- Maintain client files within CRM documenting significant meetings, telephone calls and the status of sales opportunities.
- Maintain knowledge of all Mrieux NutriSciences IT systems, including CRM and stay up-to-date on all presentations and sales tools.
- Maintain information on competitors#39; strengths, weaknesses, policies, pricing, services, etc., to increase likelihood of winning bid situations.
- Participate in the monthly sales conference calls and in monthly sensory team meeting, divisional/national sales training events.
- Develop and maintain professional selling skills.
- Develop and maintain personal technical expertise relating to sensory and consumer insights..
- Utilize sales reports, pivot tables, email, myMXNS and other information technology tools to manage account base, sales activities and develop client relationships.
- Support corporate quality and continuous improvement process.
- Prospecting will be essential to success in this position, both with new accounts and those that we are not working with yet.
- Perform other related duties as needed.
- Knowledge in Food testing, typically obtained from a degree in Food Science or market research to understand the complexity of the services provided by the company.
- Strong knowledge of sales techniques is helpful in presenting information to potential clients.
- Experience in sensory science, market research, food safety, food processing or food quality assurance is recommended to identify with the concerns and challenges of clients and potential clients.
- Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft software products are essential for performing duties.
- Good organizational skills are essential to perform assigned tasks.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills are critical in order to promote company services and programs, identify and respond to clients and potential client#39;s needs, and to build professional relationships.
- This position must have a working knowledge of Microsoft programs in order to provide necessary information to company leaders and clients in various formats.
You will join a company with an inspiring mission. With us, you could learn and develop yourself in a collaborative, empowering, dynamic and challenging environment. Entrepreneurship and improving public health are part of our DNA.
Join us and contribute to a meaningful Project!
To apply please click on #39;Apply now#39; button