Corbiondevelops sustainable ingredient solutions to improve the quality of life for people today and for future generations.We arethe global market leader in lactic acid, lactic acid derivatives, and a leading producer of emulsifiers, functional enzyme blends, minerals, vitamins and algae ingredients. Our solutions help differentiate products in markets such as food, home & personal care, animal nutrition, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and bioplastics. We have factories in the Netherlands, Spain, Brazil, Thailand and the United States.
The Operations Finance team is responsible for providing appropriate, transparent and actionable periodic / ad-hoc analysis & to challenge local management in the Netherlands and Spain. In this team we have a vacancy for an Operations Controller in Europe, responsible for the manufacturing sites Gorinchem (NL), Montmel (ES) and Contract Manufacturing & Logistics. The position reports to the Senior Controller Operations Finance (located in Gorinchem).
As the Controller you give strong finance insight in the historical and future performance of the Operations (Manufacturing & Supply Chain), and you are able to challenge local management on the key KPIs in order to achieve the objectives. You will work closely with local Finance in the countries, Commercial business control and your business partners (local management).
- Provide timely and accurate financial reporting and analysis of results (cost control versus Budget and rolling Forecast, cost pricing, efficiencies & manufacturing variance reporting, capital expenditures)
- Play a key role in the budget process for the manufacturing plants
- Maintain strong control and reporting of Capital Expenditures
- Maintain and monitor the internal control around the assets (including inventory) and spend
- Participate in site related continuous improvement projects (calculate and track financial benefits)
- Function as a key-user SAP ERP for finance (upcoming period implementation SAP)
You are a team player, flexible, good communicator who is eager to make the difference. You meet deadlines and you have strong analytical capabilities. In addition, you behave pro-actively and take ownership of assigned topics. You display sensitivity and adaptability for working with different nationalities and business areas (finance, production, logistics, planning, Marketing & Sales).
Additionally, you have:
- A Bachelor#39;s degree in finance joined with strong analytical and communication skills.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in a relevant role in an (international) manufacturing (bio)chemical environment.
- Affinity with systems (e.g. ERP preferably SAP, Microsoft BI, Advanced Excel skills).
- Excellent Dutch and English speaking and writing skills.
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time (Barcelona), being away a few days on a regular basis
We offer competitive remuneration and benefits. What makes Corbion special is the way we consciously create that connection between the product of our work and our individual lives and use it to shape our choices and our priorities as a company. We have a great company made up of talented, dedicated people - people who share a purpose and a vision. When we all understand how we intend to get there in the same way, there#39;s no telling how far we can go. We offer you the chance to join a company with a:
- Culture to empower people and where your initiatives and ideas make a real difference
- International focus with truly diverse teams
- Unique possibility to be trained by our internal expertise in the world of biobased products
- We invest in relevant training courses related to your particular discipline, that will give you the opportunity to grow into an industry expert
- Lastly, we offer a friendly, informal culture in a demanding professional environment
In addition, we actively embrace diversity in how we work together and contribute toward our shared objectives and values. By joining Corbion, you will become an employee in a company where you can feel pride in your achievements and develop your career with global prospects
HOW TO APPLY:
The method for applying for this vacancy is online via the Corbion careers page at www.corbion.com.
Please click on the button below, apply online and tell us who you are by attaching your CV and cover letter. No other forms of application will be accepted.
Corbion does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. All candidates must be submitted by approved Corbion vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission by our Talent Acquisition team for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless such a request has been made by the Corbion Talent Acquisition team and such candidate was submitted to the Corbion Talent Acquisition Team.