Mastronardi Produce pioneered the commercial greenhouse industry in North America, and we’re now the leading greenhouse vegetable company on the continent. Our award-winning, flavorful produce is packed under the SUNSET® brand and is available at leading grocery retailers across North America. Family owned for over 65 years, we pride ourselves on having the most flavorful products and the best people in the industry. We are constantly pushing boundaries to be a leader in fresh produce innovation. We seek individuals that demonstrate our PRIDE values (Passion, Respect, Innovation, Drive, Excellence) to help us fulfill our mission to inspire healthy living through WOW flavor experiences.
Our Kingsville Head Office Location is currently seeking a Business Analyst-NAV to join our Finance team. The essential function of this position is to devise and design business process requirements for all IT-related systems critical to core organizational functions. A special focus will be placed on Finance but may extend to all functional areas. This includes researching and analyzing data in support of business functions, process knowledge, and systems requirements.
To perform the job successfully, the incumbent’s behavior must be consistent with the PRIDE values expected of all Mastronardi Produce employees: be Passionate; have Respect; be Innovative; be Driven and strive for Excellence.
The Business Analyst’s role is to devise and design business process requirements for all IT-related systems critical to core organizational functions. A special focus will be placed on Finance but may extend to all functional areas. This includes researching and analyzing data in support of business functions, process knowledge, and systems requirements. The Business Analyst is also responsible for proactively generating and compiling reports based on his or her findings, complete with recommended improvements to – or new requirements for – business processes and operational procedures. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, a technical acumen, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of IT system investments and to assist in implementing new computer systems.
Strategy & Planning
- Conduct interviews to gather user requirements through workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
- Identify and establish the scope and parameters of requirements analysis on a project-by-project basis to define project impact, outcome criteria, and metrics.
- Create and deploy feedback mechanisms for end users. Analyze results, make recommendations for support process improvement, and implement changes.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent repeated future problems.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Conduct research into software application products and services in support of development and purchasing efforts.
- Provide support for the testing of new and existing software applications under development or consideration for purchase.
- Participate in the selection of any requirements documentation software solutions that the organization may opt to use.
- Assist other developers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and developing new software programs and applications.
- Develop and utilize standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirements specifications.
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/the project team.
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team.
- Manage and track the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle; enforce and redefine as necessary.
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements or issues– verbally or through written documentation – to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Field incoming problem tickets from end users to resolve application and software issues within mission-critical systems.
- Prioritize, schedule, and administer all instances where enhancements and defect resolution are required.
- Record, track, and document the problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Consistently interpret programming specifications: write efficient, clear, readable code; produce quality work that requires minimal corrections; communicate change and process; resolve bugs and other problems; adhere to company coding methodology
- Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Identify and learn appropriate software applications used and supported by the organization.
- Participate in the design, development, and delivery of software applications training programs and individual classes.
- Work with vendors to perform preventative maintenance, including the installation of service packs, patches, hot fixes, anti-virus software, and so on.
- Liaise with vendors who provide managed services to ensure all service are being performed and that service levels are consistently being achieved. Deal with issues as needed.
Formal Education & Certification
- University degree in the field of computer science or information systems or 6-8 years related work experience.
- Education and/or certifications with significant experience in SDLC and project management are desired.
Knowledge & Experience
- In-depth, hands-on knowledge of and experience with enterprise applications, including Microsoft Dynamics Navision is preferred.
- Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques.
- Proficient in programming languages and techniques, including C/AL, .Net Framework, SQL, and Jet Reports
- Extensive application support experience with mission critical large scale systems such as ERP, specifically Microsoft NAV ERP and Data Warehouse environments.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and methodology development.
- Able to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end user procedures.
- Knowledge of trends in technology relating to software applications.
- Proven ability to prepare project templates for requirements gathering, design workshops, Development Specifications, Test Scripts, etc.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly.
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to conduct research into software development and delivery concepts, as well as technical application issues.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Very strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to work remotely as necessary
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Ability to work in Canada
- Ability to Travel to Mastronardi, Vendor, Customer sites as necessary.
- Travel between Kingsville, Ont., and Livonia, MI., may be frequent.
- Travel to other Mastronardi, Customer, or Vendor locations is less than 10%.