Plans, manages and directs the work of Production and other manufacturing supervisors.
Ensures cost effective, quality production of products according to standards. Position requires demonstration of competency for all on-the-job activities that may have a direct or indirect affect on product safety, legality and/or quality.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, schedule, and direct the activities of the assigned shift focusing upon efficiency, scrap, and downtime to ensure order demand and production quality needs are met.
- Lead, develop, coach, and direct shift leadership specifically Production Supervisors and Line Leaders, as well as coordinating with ancillary department leadership
- Coordinate and communicate with ancillary departments, Engineering, Sanitation and Shipping, to maintain equipment performance and minimize downtime.
- Direct, train, and monitor Production Supervisors, Line Leaders, and Hourly employees as to the knowledge, understanding, and compliance with all TBC policies and procedures (EEO, Sexual Harassment, Safety, Sarbanes Oxley, etc).
- Direct and oversee Production Supervisors and Line Leaders to achieve scheduled production rates and efficiencies, quality standards, safe work practices, and sanitation objectives.
- Responsible for preparing accurate production reports both daily and periodically to validate production, quality, and cost for TBC.
- Responsible for maximizing production flexibility by scheduling modifications, employee cross-training, and retraining.
- Conducts regularly scheduled meetings with shift leadership to inform, communicate, listen, and react to suggestions and/or concerns.
- Provides feedback, direction and development to direct reports. Develops specific criteria to evaluate individual job performance and regularly scheduled follow-up to monitor progress.
- Develops short and long term objectives for each Line within shift and reports quarterly on progress of same.
- Monitors shift paperwork to insure compliance with TBC and BRC standards.
- Coordinates with Quality leadership to ensure superior product quality and identifies any Line impairments to producing a quality product as well as meeting BRC regulations
- Identifies labor challenges and works with other shifts as well as Human Resources to address.
- Coordinates all responsibilities through Director of Manufacturing.
- Promotes positive employee relations, as well as participates in investigations, grievances and/or disciplinary action process.
- Performs additional duties of a similar nature and level of responsibility as might be required.
- Five or more years of progressively responsible manufacturing experience.
- Demonstrated success managing in a union environment.
- Must have the ability to successfully operate with a very high degree of independence within the frame work of recommended Corporate Policies.
- Able to handle sensitive/confidential information.
- Ability to work in a team and in an independent setting.Strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to problem solve and analyze line operations with minimal guidance.
- Able to work a flexible schedule and meet the demands of a 24 hour a day operation.
- Strong since of urgency.
Associate or higher college degree preferred.
Completion of formal management skills training program.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent total rewards package. Please reply by 10/24/2020. Resumes are active for 30 days. Interested job seekers who successfully complete the series of pre-screening questions and who appear to possess the basic qualifications for this position may be contacted for a telephone interview.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disability
If you need assistance with submitting your resume due to a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to Molly Clowers at molly.clower flocorp.com.