Seneca Foods is one of North America#39;s leading providers of packaged fruits and vegetables with facilities located throughout the United States. Our high quality products are primarily sourced from over 2,000 American farms. Seneca holds the largest share of the retail private label, food service, and export canned vegetable markets, distributing to over 90 countries. Products are also sold under the brands of Libby#39;s, Aunt Nellie#39;s, READ, Seneca Farms, Green Valley, CherryMan, Paradise, Pennant, and Seneca labels, including Seneca snack chips. Seneca also provides vegetable products to other companies under various co-pack arrangements.
WORKS UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF THE BRINE DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR AND IS RESPONSIBLE FOR BATCHING AND TESTING BRINE FOR ALL PLANT NEEDS.
- Make brine for daily plant use.
- Bleach tank processing.
- Monitor and maintain brine Calcium and SO2 levels.
- Monitor and maintain pH levels.
- Monitoring, treating and transferring of wastewater.
- Check tank pumps to ensure proper function.
- Accurate paperwork completion.
- Maintain and operate forklift safely at all times.
- Complete daily forklift tasks.
- Maintain housekeeping in work area.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Coordinate with the Production Manager regarding the production plan.
- Able to start work 30 minutes before the production shift starts.
- Relieve other department when required.
- Adhere to the principles of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Prepare work area at the start and end of the shift.
- Available to work rotating shifts (swing, graveyard), including weekends and occasional overtime.
Competencies and Certifications Required
- Internal GMP training.
- Trained and knowledgeable in the use of personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Must pass respiratory fitness test.
- Excellent communication skills
- OSHA forklift license.
Physical Demands of Job
- Frequent standing and walking.
- Occasional climbing, bending, stooping and twisting.
- Occasional lifting and/or pushing/pulling up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work under pressure, handle stress, and/or multi-task.
The work environments listed here are representative of those that may be encountered by the employee while performing the functions of this job:
- Wet or humid conditions.
- Hot or cold temperatures.
- Exposure to brine (salt, sulfur dioxide, calcium chloride) fumes.
Seneca Foods Corporation is committed to providing equal opportunity for all, through a positive and continuing affirmative action program. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status or any other Federal or State legally protected classes. Seneca Foods Corporation will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity and feel you need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please contact us at ADA senecafoods.com or call 315-926-8100.
Nearest Major Market: Portland Oregon