Operates machinery in brewing production with the objective of producing the best quality product as efficiently as possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be able to work any and all scheduled hours, any and all shifts, change shifts during the week, and work required weekend overtime.
- Comply with all work and safety rules, including wearing of personal protective equipment (i.e. safety glasses, gloves, hat and/or hairnet, respiratory/air mask, emergency breathing equipment, goggles, rubber boots, ear plugs, safety harness, arm gauntlets, insulated clothing, face shields, and hardcomposite or steal toe shoes.
- Work with and/or around hazardous chemicals (i.e. caustics, acids, ammonia) with personal protection equipment, and on-site training.
- Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene, health standard, and sanitation as mandated by FDA regulations, Department of Agriculture and other regulatory agencies – municipal, state and federal.
- Be able to operate forklift – with in-house training and certification.
- Be able to operate handheld scanner and keyboard (with in-house training).
- Be able to read work orders, machinery and equipment controls for operation, and operate computer.
- Be able to comprehend instructions both verbal and by instruction.
- Have mathematical ability for inventories and record keeping.
- Be able to operate and maneuver high pressure air and water hoses (hot and cold) for cleaning machinery and floors.
- Follow all GMP and food safety rules including ones specific for the job function.
- High School diploma or GED certificate required.
- 2 – 5 years’ experience in manufacturing environment.
- Experience in working with computer controlled automated equipment.
- Intermediate PC skills using Microsoft Office products including Excel.
- Above average verbal communication skills to speak directly with coworkers and supervisors.
- Attention to Detail
- Policies,Process, and Procedures
- Quality Position
This position description is intended to guide the activities of the Packaging Operator. It is it intended to describe all the work that may be required of the person in this position.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
- Be able to pull/drag 10’ – 25’ rubber hoses 2” – 3” in diameter weighing 50 – 100 lbs to transfer product from vessel to vessel.
- Be able to reach extended arm length and overhead frequently.
- Be able to reach 0’ – 7’ frequently, placing cardboard dust covers on top of product.
- Be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Be able to hear overhead paging system for package/product changes and for emergency safety procedures.
- Be able to lift 25 pounds frequently and up to 45 pounds regularly.
- Be able to push/pull 30 – 100 lbs. frequently.
- Be able to pinch and grasp hand tools (various wrenches, pliers, hammers, and pry bars).
- Be able to work in extreme temperature swings (indoor/outdoor – hot and cold with high humidity).
- Be able to climb up and down stairs frequently.
- Be able to enter into confined spaces without experiencing claustrophobia.
- Be able to use dust mops, scouring pads, scrapers, brooms, and shovels up to 30 lbs. in weight for cleaning.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision requirements in close vision and the ability to adjust focus.