At Johnsonville, we use our business to build our people. If you#39;re passionate about making a difference, we want you to help make our products, our processes, our communities and each other better. Wisconsin-based Johnsonville is the No. 1 national sausage brand enjoyed in 45 countries. Founded in 1945 by the late Ralph F. and Alice Stayer, our company is 2,000 members strong and remains privately owned today. Come join our family-owned company!
Brat Line Second Shift
Finished Goods Member
Why This Is A Great Job For A Person Who Accepts Nothing Less Than Personal Greatness:
Your contribution will ensure that Johnsonville products are of the highest quality and meet our defined standards of safety. You’ll learn about a variety of Finished Good processes, expanding your existing knowledge for application into the business of making sausage. There is unlimited opportunity for growth as you become an active contributor to the Finished Goods departments and assist your team in the quest for continual improvement.
The successful candidate will ensure compliance with safety, quality, and sanitation requirements while operating sausage making equipment. In addition, this candidate will establish and sustain effective relationships with all Members so that they may work together to promote innovation and cooperation in order to solve problems.
- Know and follow all safety policies involved in the position. This may include being trained as an authorized Member of the Lock Out Tag Out, or forklift program(s).
- Follow all GMP, SOP, and safe food handling practices.
- Operation of equipment to keep pace with line speed.
- Cross-train to various positions within and possibly outside of the department.
- Follow daily production schedules for products running that day.
- Complete daily paperwork as required by the equipment being operated.
- Proper set up and tear down of equipment as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to perform responsibilities in a safe and efficient manner.
- Multitasking required.
- Communication / organization, including legible hand writing.
- Basic reading skills
- Evaluation / decision making / prioritizing.
- Requires full range of body motion: standing, squatting, kneeling, upper body twisting: occasional lifting up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to take on future learning opportunities.
- TEMPERATURE - Will be exposed to wide variations in temperature, operating temperature of the finished goods department is approximately 43 degrees F.
- The ability to work with inside conditions that include exposure to moderate noise levels.
2nd shift 2:30pm-11:30pm (Overtime as production demands) Must be able to train on 1st shift
How to Apply:
For Internal Members: Log into MyVille. Click on the Member Central link. Click on Home, select Careers and apply for the position titled “Brat Line Second Shift Finished Goods Member”. To access the portal from home- please use portal.ibrat.com
External Members – Apply at jobs.johnsonville.com
We value the diversity of our workforce and we embrace the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment. M/F/Vet/Disability
Johnsonville values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.