Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
The Brand Manager, Brand Management will focus on delivery of annual financial/marketplace targets through leading and assisting in the development and setting the direction for the Annual Operating Plan ("AOP"). Sets and tracks brand(s) budgets based on AOP and owns decision for any out of plan activity (excluding innovation) that impacts the budget. Analyzes all elements of the P&L, sets direction, and makes decisions to achieve financial/marketplace outcomes. Focused on brand equity and translates strategic consumer insights into meaningful marketing activation plans. Responsible for developing brand vision as a result of the strategic planning process and leads the branded strategic planning process.
70% Planning and P&L Management:
- Lead Annual Operating Plan (AOP) for brand and strategic planning process.
- Oversee the development and execution of marketing plan including pricing, media/activation plans, sales material (sales decks, sell sheets), packaging, merchandising (display units and mix), product assortment/distribution.
- Delivery of annual financial targets for assigned brands/portfolio(s) according to plan. Manage and deliver on all lines of the P&L (volume, COGS, A&P). Proactively recommend corrective action if necessary.
- Identify opportunities for cost reductions working in partnership with RQI and plant personnel.
- Drive revenue growth management activities via integrated Margin Management and Pricing recommendations
- Anticipate future business needs and proactively gain alignment with cross functional partners
- Drive demand centered insights and jobs theory for brand(s).
- Develop, align and lead growth strategy initiatives.
- Develop and manage Brand equity (language, vision, strategy).
- Solid understanding and use of consumer insights and competitive analysis.
- Align business processes, drive priorities, and initiatives across assigned brand team/function to create seamless integration (deliver share, penetration and/or buy rate objectives)
- Ensure Brand initiatives are consistent with agreed upon goals, priorities, strategies, and brand equities
- Work closely with Brand Development team on understanding innovation pipeline for brand(s)/portfolio.
- Create and execute comprehensive marketing activation plans.
- Collaborate with and ensure effectiveness of working relationship with Market Strategy and Planning (MS&P) partners to ensure that go-to-market strategy and trade spend effectiveness is being followed and executed
- Work with MS&P on the commercialization of innovations and ensure Sales have all the tools required (sell sheets, etc) for innovations and for branded news.
- Work with Digital and E-Commerce team to ensure go-to-market strategy is being followed and executed
20% - Strengthen & Build Brand Management Process
- Build organizational technical capabilities by providing day-to-day coaching and mentoring to cross-functional team and external partners.
- Ensure successful presentation, comprehension and integration of AOP, strategic plans, business reviews, and briefs to senior leadership team or business partners.
- Lead the relationship building with US, International and Cdn innovation teams
10% - Admin Support
- Manage A&P spending to ensure spend is withing specified budget(s).
- Monitor brand(s) budget and track associated expenses in Allocadia (P&D); reconciling invoices against approved projects
- Assist SBM, Brand Management with process enhancement projects, as required
Qualifications, Education & Experience:
- 7+ years experience in Brand management within Consumer Packaged Goods, ideally in Tier 1 food manufacturing. Bachelor#39;s Degree required, MBA a strong plus.
- Successful experience in developing and executing marketing programs, brief writing, and managing P&L#39;s
- Proven ability to deliver initiatives that have been realized and contributed significant gains in the capture of market share, revenue and volume growth, and operational efficiencies.
- Demonstrated success anticipating future business opportunities or problems and developing strategies that address them proactively.
- Ability to make sound business decisions that balance a variety of factors in a complex operating environment and ultimately achieve optimal outcomes.
- Good strategic and analytic capabilities. Comfortable utilizing data to support business decisions.
- Experience working with a cross function team including sales, finance and research.
- Demonstrated organizational, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to function effectively as a leader and in a team environment.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or any other protected factor. ConAgra Foods is committed to working with and providing accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail Canada.Recruitment@conagrafoods.com. We will make a determination on your request for accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
A titre d#39;employeur souscrivant au principe de l#39;egalite d#39;acces a l#39;emploi, Conagra Brands considere les postulants qualifies pour les offres d#39;emplois sans egard a la race, la couleur, les croyances religieuses, l#39;origine, le sexe, l#39;orientation sexuelle, l#39;identite de genre, la langue parlee, l#39;age, le handicap ou tout autre facteur discriminatoire. Conagra Brands s#39;engage a travailler et offrir des accommodements aux individus ayant des handicaps. Si vous avez besoin d#39;assistance ou si vous avez des besoins specifiques pour votre emploi, vous pouvez transmettre votre demande par courriel a Canada.Recruitment@conagrafoods.com. Nous prendrons en consideration votre demande d#39;accommodement au cas-par-cas.