Who You Are:
As a Brand Manager at SaltWorks you will get to own the brands you represent, both in the established channels where they currently exist and trailblazing for the future. You are equal parts project-minded and creative. You are a strategist who has one foot in the here-and-now, and the other in long-term prospects of the company. You are an innovator who consistently looks to stay on top of (or ahead of) trends in marketing. You are empathetic, but unafraid of holding teams accountable, confident, but not arrogant, skilled, but constantly looking to learn. You combine analytical rigor with creative panache, and safeguard, stretch, and revitalize brands that fulfill their promise to consumers and businesses. You are ambitious and driven to shape everything about how our world-class products feel, smell, taste, and work. You’re more than just a marketer– you thrive on inspiring a team, understanding and believing in a brand’s promise, and finding creative ways to deliver it. You’re prepared to skillfully collaborate with key stakeholders to create an environment of seamless connection between the SaltWorks brand and our customer’s needs. You are probably not a salt aficionado, but excited to become one!
Who We Are:
SaltWorks® is more than the largest and most successful specialty salt company in the world. We are a state-of-the-art manufacturer, a print and digital marketing juggernaut, an innovator in machine engineering and development, a leader in sanitary machine and parts fabrication, and the standard bearer for food quality and safety – and that is just some of what we do. We’re proud to set the standard for success in our industry. SaltWorks is currently experiencing such explosive industry growth and opportunities that we are only able to fully execute on a tiny fraction of the most promising ones. To help us capitalize on this momentum, as well as to ensure proper handling of our current opportunities, we’re seeking an experienced brand manager to lead our marketing efforts and join our vastly skilled (100+ person) team.
- Analyze brand positioning and consumer insights.
- Translate brand elements into plans and go-to-market strategies.
- Lead creative development to motivate the target audience to “take action”.
- Establish performance specifications, cost and price parameters, market applications and sales estimates.
- Measure and report performance of all marketing campaigns, and assess ROI and KPIs.
- Create 12-18-month marketing calendar targeted by channel and product.
- Monitor market trends, research consumer markets and competitors’ activities.
- Oversee new and ongoing marketing and advertising activities.
- Monitor product distribution and consumer reactions.
- Pricing and Packaging – Gaining an understanding of marketplace dynamics to help shape/optimize pricing & packaging configurations to best compete in the market.
- Interprets art and graphic needs, ensuring vendors understand target audience, intent, branding, etc., to achieve effective end-product results.
- Helps prepare “sell stories” for sales team.
- Devise innovative growth strategies.
- Align the company around the brand’s direction, choices and tactics.
- Custodian of the brand image, voice and tonality on the brand touch points (social, digital, PR, website).
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Requirements:
Education and Experience:
- Proven experience leading cross-disciplinary marketing teams to increase revenues.
- A minimum of 3 years’ brand management experience in CPG is required.
- Proven initiative and “self-starter” approach, with the ability to take direction and work autonomously.
- Must have demonstrated creativity, with the ability to assess art, media and graphics for brand “fit and feel.”
- Prior experience compiling and analyzing data to tell “stories” and to incisively interpret competitive marketplace and consumer behavior is a key ingredient for success.
- Excellent communication skills are required, both internally and externally, to manage expectations and drive desired results.
- Must have stellar organization, project, and time management skills, with the ability to manage external vendors to timelines and deadlines.
- Must have the ability to juggle multiple competing priorities simultaneously.
- 3+ years as a project manager for creative services.
- Preferably have workable knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, WordPress and other HTML and art/creative tools.
- Experience rolling out products nationwide