When it comes to being wild, we know a thing or two. We’re not afraid of trying something new or the hard work it takes to make it happen. It’s in our DNA. We’ve turned a family recipe into a new snacking category. And the wilderness into the world’s largest meat snack business, that’s still proudly family owned and operated.
We’re a company built by innovators, and are driven to not only satisfy your hunger, but to also feed your journey – whether that journey is on the road, on the run, at the campground, at the playground, in the office or in the moment. It’s a journey we share with you. It’s the journey forward of our people, of our communities, of our category…with a reverence for quality and an irreverence for the status quo.
At Jack Link’s Protein Snacks, we see every moment of every day as an opportunity to move forward, to forge new ground. To realize our vision of becoming the World’s ##1 Protein Snack Company. We never give up. You never give up. Together, we keep going. Are you wild enough to join us?
Jack Link’s Protein Snacks is a global leader in snacking and the No. 1 meat snack manufacturer worldwide. Family-owned and operated with headquarters in Minong, Wisconsin, Jack Link’s Protein Snacks also has a large corporate hub in Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota. The company is made up of over 4,000 passionate team members, across 11 countries, who share an uncompromising commitment to delivering awesome products and feeding the journey of those who move things forward. The Jack Link’s Protein Snacks portfolio of brands includes, Jack Link’s, Lorissa’s Kitchen, MATADOR Jerky, BiFi and Peperami.
Join Jack Link#39;s as a Brand Manager to develop and implement strategy and build brand equity within the Jack Link’s house of brands. In this role, both leverage your strategic business leadership skills as well as execution skills. Additionally, you will lead a mix of marketing projects which will enable you to build and showcase your breadth and depth of leadership, strategic & analytical thinking, project management, and creative skills for our flagship product line.
Key to this role are leading cross-functional teams, driving key initiatives, and collaborating with a variety of internal and external partners. Additionally, you will evaluate financial and market performance to develop and implement strategies to deliver the brand’s revenue, profit and market share objectives.
Specifically you will work across these areas:
Strategy & Business Planning: Serving as a key member of the brand team, you will own and deliver strategic and tactical annual operating plans which deliver breakthrough consumer initiatives across a portfolio of products.
- Develop and deliver the annual brand plan and marketing calendar, regularly tracking progress to ensure all aspects of the plan deliver on-time and on-budget results
- Manage and deliver the brand P&L. Work with cross-functional teams to measure and analyze sales impact, sales execution and the profitability/ROI of marketing investments.
- Continuously monitor, analyze, and report consumer, competitive, category, customer, and channel activities to uncover insights that lead to actionable opportunities for the business.
- Understand channel and customer business dynamics and leverage insights to inform brand growth strategies, product and consumer marketing opportunities to drive growth, including non-traditional channels and ecommerce
- Work closely with sales teams to deliver business objectives. Create effective sell stories to gain strong trade support and product distribution using relevant category and consumer data.
- Assist in management of the brand’s annual budgets
Innovation: Lead the development & implementation of a continuous short- and long-term innovation pipeline for product renovation and innovation.
- Leverage consumer, customer and category insights along with solid base business understanding to develop innovation strategy and strong product innovation and renovation pipelines
- Lead broad, diverse teams of cross-functional partners from concept to commercialization for all approved products, ensuring proper planning prioritization and execution across: product development, forecasting and P&L management, channel planning, manufacturing, sell in, marketing support, and early in-market performance tracking to optimize
- Develop product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share
Marketing Communications: Develop and implementation of integrated communications plans that drive market share growth
- Deliver relevant sell-in information sales partners through presentations, sell in materials and in market visits.
- Set communications objectives and strategy for integrated customer and consumer launch support
- Partner with Brand Equity team to develop integrated communications plans to include advertising, social media, direct & event marketing, sales materials, public relations and promotional campaigns targeted at retailers and consumers.
- Leverage in-market performance tracking to optimize
Leadership: Be an effective leader who is able to lead with flexibility to capitalize on opportunities and solve problems in an ever-changing workplace.
- Coach and develop junior members of the team, growing their marketing skill set
- Build and motivate effective cross-functional relationships in a highly matrixed organization
- Delegate and hold accountable self and others through a wide variety of projects and initiatives
- Undergraduate Degree in Marketing or related field with 5+ years marketing experience. Preferred: MBA with 2+ years’ experience.
- 3-4 years related consumer packaged goods (CPG) work experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience thinking and executing like a business owner: someone who can take initiative and get things done while having fun in an entrepreneurial environment
- Analytic horsepower with a relentless orientation on the results, and the capacity to respond quickly to changing marketplace dynamics
- Strong influencing skills: working well with others and leading in a cross functional environment
- Strong business acumen, with a knack for turning data into insights and recommendations
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong consumer empathy to build compelling solutions and consumer connections
- Budget management experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of marketing and finance, P&L management,
- Proven track record in managing and meeting volume and profit targets through creative marketing of existing lines, and new product introductions
- Proficiency in Nielsen/IRI syndicated data
- Demonstrates Jack Link’s Values: Be Real, Speed Matters, Stewardship, Relationship Driven, Self- Discipline, Show Awesome Character
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. IMPORTANT: If the Government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, we are required to provide you written instructions and an opportunity to contact SSA and/or DHS before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment. We may not use E-Verify to pre-screen job applicants or to re-verify current employees and may not limit or influence the choice of documents presented for use on the Form I-9. In order to determine whether Form I-9 documentation is valid, we use E-Verify’s photo screening tool to match the photograph appearing on some permanent resident and employment authorization cards with the official U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services’ (USCIS) photograph. If you believe that your employer has violated its responsibilities under this program or has discriminated against you during the verification process based upon your national origin or citizenship status, please call the Office of Special Counsel at 1-800-255-7688 (TDD: 1-800-237-2515).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.